Ten

I see that Shawn just looks out his window. "Why do you see yourself that way." I question how he could let people tell him what kind of personality to have.

"Well... I guess. I'm afraid." He sighs. "You're the only one who keeps pushing me and pushing me. Yeah it started off as irritating but I guess I have to understand all you are doing is caring. And I thank you for that. A lot."

Glad to know I impact someone's life, without really being too much, besides me being nosy.

"Am I still nosy to you?" I tease. He makes a soft laugh that sends shivers down my spine as I can't help but feel so drawn into it. "Wow.. yes. But now, in a good way."

I realize that I may be too close to him. Our shoulders are touching as my hand is on his chest. I move away a little.

"Oh-okay. Shouldn't we just finish the project. I mean it's due in two days." I mention, hopping off the bed quickly.

He makes an awkward shrug and starts to use his weight to lift him off the bed. "Yeah. Sure."

We sit criss cross on the floor. I heard a knock at the door and I see that Shawn's mom and my parents are by the door frame. "Look who's parents arrived."

"Taylor you didn't tell us and had us worried. We asked her if she saw anything suspicious and I guess when we said your name she instantly knew." My mom panted.

"So as a thank you, we're making dinner at our home. Please come back home by six. Karen will already be with us there." I nod in agreement with my mom.

The door shuts and I walk to the window and see the three parents leaving.

"So dinner huh..." I say under breath. "Well we have an hour. What do you want to do?" Shawn asks with a smirk. No, he can't be doing anything so dumb.

"Why are you giving me that look, Caniff." He furrows his eyebrows in an upset demeanor but I know he's joking. "Did you really think I would do something inappropriate right now? Dude we just met. I'm not going to just hook up."

Shawn's defiance is coming out and it's irking me. "And you think I will?" I say raiding my ton a little louder.

"Yeah.. Apparently, with what you did with Dillon in the car. Yeah, maybe. I think you will." He shouts back, standing up this time.

I get up and take one more last look at him before opening his door and slamming it shut. I run down the stairs and do not dare to lock the front door, just slamming it shut.

I get into my house with a loud knock before hand.

"Taylor? Taylor, what's wrong?" I hear my mom call out. I ignore her and run up the flight of stairs. Forcefully closing me door.

"What about dinner with us?" She calls out. "No." I say. "Taylor.. Please?"

I open the door after wiping my tears and presenting myself to avoid the emotions.

"I uh, had to use the restroom badly." I lie but couldn't help but smile a little.

I go downstairs and see that Shawn's already there. My mom insists me to sit across him while she is on the side of my dad and Karen.

They make small talk and I remain silent as I pick on my food with my fork, hoping they don't ask something relating to Shawn and I.

112415