Chapter 6

-SOOTPAWS POV-

It was dark when I snook out of camp, nothing but the sound of leaves shaking as creatures stirred the night was ever to be heard. He told me to meet him here the previous night, we Barley spoke but we made a deal. He was there, as he had told me, at the lake. He didn't look at me, but he somehow knew I was there, hesitating. "Remember the deal? It begins tonight. You better not fail me" his voice was threatening me but somehow I felt some tranquility in his voice.i nodded swiftly, more out of fear than anything. He smiled at me before turning around, leaping at me. I had no time to respond and I was under his body in less than a second. "We have a lot of work to do...." He muttered, loosening his grip on my chest "'So what's your name? We never discussed this matter yesterday". I tensed, I didn't know weather to lie or tell the truth to him. "My names Sootpaw, I'm a strong warrior apprentice, strongest in the den!" I blurted out. He looked at me and shook his head "I expected you would lie" he sniggered at me. I felt a unconformable wave go over my body, I had been caught lying. I dipped my head as a apology.  He ignored me and flicked his tail "my name is Bat, I died many moons ago, I'm looking for someone to take my Space". 'Take his space?' I thought to myself. "What do you feel against Duskstar?" He asked me. I had never thought about the question directly, but as I thought about it, my head suddenly clicked. "I hate him, he's the reason I'm learning to be a medicine cat, was I never good enough!? Did he see more potential in my Puny sister and Weak brother?!" As soon as I had just realised what I had said, I fell backwards, covering my muzzle. What did I just do? They were my siblings!. He looked at my proudly "not much work to do in that department".

-THRUSHPAWS POV-

After hearing what had just been said, my eyes widened, filled with tears. How could he say that about us?. They carried on talking but I wasn't listening, just watching, zoned out. Every move he took was like he was hurting me. I turned away, running back to camp. I had heard enough. I reached the entrance and surprisingly, Duskstar was awake. He greeted me, surprised I was awake. I was about to tell him what was going on but I shook my head and walked back I to camp, but before I could make it to the apprentice den, Duskstar started talking. "The air is thick with blood tonight" he said, his eyes were closed and his brown tortoise shell fur was blowing in the wind. "What do you mean?" I asked him but there was no reply, some part of me thought he knew what Sootpaw was doing.