Fourteen

(Isobel's P.O.V)

"So we're just gonna continue onwards, like nothing happened?" I asked dubiously.

We had all gathered round, and Minho had led the discussion on what to do.

"Yep, can't do anything else." He responded.

"But-but this is your friend we're talking about. How can you not care?"

"I do care. Thomas is a tough shank, and knows how to keep himself out of trouble. Besides, my priority right now is getting everyone to the safe haven. And Group B are travelling in that direction anyway, we just need to catch up to them and then we can overpower them." He explained. I was still doubtful, but it's all I had to go on, so it would have to be enough to convince me.

"This bloody well better work." Newt warned.

Minho looked him sternly in the eye. "It will. Trust me."

"Well then, let's hit the road!" I said faking enthusiasm.

                        *****

After walking for what felt like hours, Minho ordered us to stop for the night. He was really taking this leading thing seriously.

We had come across an abandoned cabin and all traipsed in. It was old and crickety, and I'm pretty sure sand had come in, covering the floors. There were patches and holes in the roof, and the area had been completely cleared of any signs of life.

Slowly, I eased myself down to the ground and let out a sigh. I leaned backwards against my backpack, closing my eyes and enjoying the rest.

"Having fun there?" A female voice chuckled. Brenda.

Reluctantly, I opened my eyes and looked up at her.  "Was. I was enjoying my nap thank you very much."

She just laughed at me as she sat down cross-legged in front of me. I took this as my cue to sit up and socialise and stuck my hand out for her to pull me up.

"So, what's up?" I asked, getting straight to the point.

"I don't know..." She procrastinated. "I just... I feel like I haven't spoken to you in a while."

"Okay... What d'ya wanna talk about?"

"I don't know... How about Newt? Don't think I haven't seen you guys secretly holding hands and making with the lovey eyes."

"Lovey eyes?" I let out scoff and laughed. "What's that?"

Brenda looked down. "You know? The way you two look at each other. Like nothing else in the world matters, except both of you. And that anything can happen and it will be all right, as long as you have each other." She scoffed. "I know it sounds silly. But it's true. You both just... Look through the world, and find each other. It feels like you could find one another, even if you were separated by thousands of miles."

I must of looked completely flabbergasted, by the way she smirked.

"Oh look there he is now coming over to see you! Have fun!" She teased. "But not too much fun."

I sneered at her and fake laughed, then changed my expression to welcome Newt.

"Hey," he said.

"Hey," I smiled at him, which he returned. "Lay with me?"

"Always."

We both lay down, side by side, hand in hand. In the corner of my eye I could see Brenda smirking at us, but I didn't care. I just leaned my head against Newt's shoulder and drifted off into a blissful sleep.

A/n: so that was a pretty dodgy filler chapter-sorry- but I really just wanted to get it out there, like I promised. Also, next chapter I swear something more interesting will happen. So PLEASE continue reading. I'll update asap and please don't forget vote/comment. (Hint: it encourages me to write faster)
😄😄😄