Chapter 2: Home Sweet Home!

It was 8am and my plane leaves at 10am, so I was glad I packed last night all tired and sleepy, but I was anxious to go home. I told the lads to visit me anytime soon, just to give me a call, they all agree to arrive together and next weekend it was. I called a cab to pick me and take me to the airport, in no time the cab had arrived.

“Airport, Please!” I told the taxi man. As the guy drove me to the airport, I text Kathie reading: “Kat, I’m on my way home! Hope to see you! Xx” it read. She didn’t reply! She was probably busy or she just maybe didn’t want to reply to my text.

Kathie’s P.O.V

Niall: “Kat, I’m on my way home! Hope to see you! Xx” it read, he texted me. I got nervous lucky the baby had just fallen asleep for his nap; he has his blue beautiful, his color hair & his personality. By the way, I’m Kathie McKnight, Niall’s ex-girlfriend. I’m 18 soon to be 19, I had the baby when I was 16, and I’m a teen mom. I’m a younger than Niall. My mum didn’t really care because her job is more important, my dad left us when I was five years old, my brother stayed back in the States, he five years older than me. Niall still calls me & text me, if I’m doing fine! What he doesn’t know is about the baby, which is our baby! I feel like it’s a distraction for his career as a singer in a boy-band. The baby was born March 17, 2011. I still had feelings for him, I just don’t know what he will say when he arrives, he’s my neighbor & we were best friends at the same time girlfriend & boyfriend. I broke up with him, when he made it, why? Because I didn’t want to cause a distraction, I decided to stay quite. I name the baby James, Niall’s middle name though I put my last name McKnight! It’s my mom’s last name. I stood up and started to clean the kitchen, it wasn’t that dirty since it’s only us two. My baby & me. I kept thinking what will Niall do or say! If he sees the baby?! I’m nervous, though he deserves the truth. I heard someone arrive next door; I peeked thru the window and saw him arrive that was quick; I mean they were in London!!! Not far from here by airplane. My phone started ringing and checked the caller I.D, he was calling me not to be rude, and so I answered.

Me: “Hello?!”

Niall: “Kat?!”

Me: “Yeah?!”

Niall: “Can I Stop By Your House, Like In an Hour?! I Really Want To See You!”

Me: “Umm…Sure! Are you going to want something to eat? So I can make something?”

Niall: “If You Don’t Mind?”

Me: “Okie!”

Niall: “Are You Okay?”

Me: “Yes, I’m Fine!” I said nervously, the baby had woken up & starting crying.

“Got to Go, see you in bit!”  & I hung up!

Niall’s P.O.V

Her: “Yes, I’m Fine! Got to Go, see you in bit!”

And she hung up on me, but strangely I heard a baby cry, she sound nervous! I guess, I took a quick shower and change over to see her again, I was excited & my heart was racing faster than a heart. I went downstairs & told my mum, I will be at Kathie’s house for a while. She didn’t mind me seeing my old best friend again. I walked over nice weather, nice to be home again. I knocked the door & a little baby around 2 years or less, opened the door! Beautiful baby boy, she came running & greeted me, I stepped in the house, though it smelled good. She looked nervous.

“Hey, how you been?” I asked her.

“Good & You? How were the concerts?” she asked me serving me food & attending the baby at the same time.

“Good, thanks! They were amazing; a lot of crazy mofo’s, yelling outside the hotels and didn’t let us sleep!” I giggled.

“Haha. Well they love you guys! No doubt about that!” she said. I missed her laugh.

Though I look at the baby and he looks a lot like her & has those blue eyes, like me! He sort of looks like her and me at the same time, for every time he need for his bottle or something I would react for it, though it came natural.  We talked and laughed like old days. She never told me about the baby! Though I was curious about it… very curious! But every time I would try to bring it up, she would change the conversation. I invited her to the weekend the boys and I will have next weekend, she nodded and smile. It was getting late and I honestly didn’t want to leave, but looks like she was kicking me out of her house. Strange!!!

“Bye Kate! Need anything, I’m just next door!”  I told her, kissed her cheek and walked over to my house.

“Oh okay! I will! Bye Nialler!” she replied back.

Kathie’s P.O.V

“Oh okay! I will! Bye Nialler!” I told him as I watched him go back to his house. I honestly didn’t want him due to the baby, actually our baby! Though it was cute, seeing him react to everything baby James need. But sooner or later, I had to tell him but I don’t know how or when! I’m afraid how he will react to it. I called my best friend Claire and told her every detail; she told me I had to tell him.

“I know, but I don’t know how or when! Don’t pressure me either!”

“Kat, either you tell him or someone will tell him, since almost everyone knows it’s his baby, that baby looks a lot like him and you! There’s no doubt about that!” she said giving a speech. We talked for almost an hour, until James was getting tired and wanted to go to bed, he sleeps, eats, pops and repeat the cycle again. We hung up and I put my baby to sleep, my mum didn’t care, she said at least I was going to have company with me! I got homeschooled thanks to my brother; he helped me out and everything.  Before I went to bed, I went to make myself a cup of tea and went to bed. Tomorrow will be another day! We will see what happens, my mum didn’t even bother to call me or anything, and I got used to it.