Chapter III

Ryan's breath stopped. Alicia gripped on his hand as her body became tense. "A-Alicia did you say that?" he asked. His little sister shook her head. "No. You?"

"Uh-uh"

They looked around, their eyes full of fear. They couldn't see an inch in front of their noses. "It's over. We're going to die" Ryan wheezed. "Don't be such a wimp!" Alicia hissed.

The dirty blonde turned his head to the front and opened his lips.

"BabyDoll.... are you Elena Jasper?"

A deadly silence filled the room. A shuffling was heard until Ryan felt breathing in his face.

"How.. how do you know?"

Ryan gulped. "I saw your file" he whispered shivering. Suddenly, a faint glow from an oil lamp brightened up the room, dimly. Holding the oil lamp, was BabyDoll. "Yes... the files.." she repeated staring into Ryan's emerald green eyes. He stared back at her dark, broken, and sad eyes.

Baby shook her head looking away "I was Elena Jasper... before he came and took me away" she said, staring at nothing. Ryan and Alicia just stood there, giving her a sign to keep going. The doll turned her gaze to Ryan, the porcelain squeaking.

"He tortured, raped, and murdered me, transferring my heart to this doll. He shaved my hair and putted a wig on me. He made me alive again with witchery, black magic, however you want to call it. Somehow, the man could revive a heart that has already stopped beating, as long as it's in a body-shaped object; like a doll"

Ryan carefully took a step closer to her. "Mind if I ask... who's 'he'?"

Baby's face turned sad, as if she was about to cry, but obviously she couldn't. She was just a doll. She stared at Ryan's eyes, causing his white cheeks to turn a bit red. "I don't even know who he was. No one caught him, he never told us his name..." she trailed off.

Ryan stared at her "'Us?'"

As BabyDoll was about to answer, the door to the basement opened. BabyDoll quickly sat on her corner acting lifeless.

A couple, or, in other words, their parents, stood in the doorway. "Ryan? Alicia? What're you doing here?!" they asked. Ryan and Alicia quickly rushed upstairs. "NOTHING" Ryan and Alicia yelled.

~6:30 am

"RYAN"

Alicia jumped on top of his brother. "OOF!" he breathed.

"Come on Ryan get dressed it's time to go to school"

~Lunchbreak

Ryan passed through the locker hall, and as he was changing his books he heard two girls beside him talking.

"Hey what are your fears?"

"Oh fears? Dolls. They're creepy"

"Haha, then the house down the Black street is not for you"

This caught Ryan's attention. The house down the Black street WAS his house.

"Why?"

"Oh because an old doll maker used to live there"

"Spooky!"

"Yeah, he captured young girls around the age of sixteen and killed them, turning them to dolls and putting their hearts inside them"

"Was that guy mental?!"

"Yeah. His last victim was a girl named Elena Jasper. She was my cousin actually"

"Oh I'm so sorry.."

"Oh it's fine. I never actually knew her"

Ryan bit his tongue and hurried off quickly before they caught him spying on them.