Insecurity [Hinata Shoyo x Reader]

Ever since he was a first year, he was never the largest teenager in his grade. Even in middle school, he was often mistaken as a grade schooler because of his size, rather than his age. Hinata usually paid no mind to it, but it was still something he was insecure about, especially when he was dating you. The little crow was very doubtful of himself mainly because of how he looked. Instead of going for a tall, athletic, handsome, and good natured guy, you went for him, which often led Hinata to question your choices. Obviously Kageyama or Daichi or even Oikawa was a better choice, he would often wonder.

You, on the other hand, didn't care what Hinata looked like, how big his build was, or how "childish" (personality and looks wise) he was. From the second you saw him play at his first volleyball match in middle school, you were immediately smitten and gushing. Even if volleyball wasn't your thing, you loved the determination and optimism despite his loss. The both of you often talked at Karasuno, since you two were the only ones that went to the same middle school. It lead to him liking you and you liking him more and more. And before anyone knew it, you both were together as a couple.

Hinata was even more upset (and intimidated) that most of your friends were guys, most opposite of Hinata and all you could have chosen over him. Being the curious crow he is, he decided to ask you one day during lunch.

"Hey [F/N]-chan, why did you choose me?" he asked.

"What?" you replied in a confused tone.

"Why do you need to know?" you said.

"Because I feel insecure that you have all these guy friends that are much better than me," he replied with a cute pout. He only heard you laugh, causing him to groan. His groan of embarrassment was cut off when you planted a loving kiss on his lips.

"I chose you because I loved the way you would play with passion and weren't afraid to go at any length, even until you dropped. I love the way your lips dip into that cute pout, and many more reasons I can't seem to say. I chose you over them because you caught my interest and they didn't," you answered with a smile, causing Hinata to explode into a blushing mess. You laughed at his bashfulness.

EXTRA :

"And plus," you nudged at him, giving him a seductive smirk.

"If you're this cute now, I can't imagine how hot you'll be as a third year~"

---

A/N - lol based on the headcanon that Hinata will be a hot third year ;) (there was two pics on tumblr with Hinata as a third year but I could only put one ;-; ) But I hope you enjoy this chapter, despite me not being able to write him very well. Also, I apologize for this short chapter!