(1A) Arrival and Departure

A spark.
That is what we feel when we finally found the one.
A spark.
That WAS what we FELT when we found each other.
But the spark was too weak. And eventually... it flickers away.

December 2, 2025
Dear Diary,

Hi, diary, it's been a long time. About 10 years since I last wrote to you, I think. I had a change of heart when I saw him today. Yeah, I don't exactly want to see him anymore since it brings out unnecessary feelings and uncomfortable memories. But you can't unsee something, can you? *sigh*

~Veronica

<12-2-25, 13:45// International Airport>>

A girl. No, a woman. A lady in full black arrogantly marched across the white tiles of the building.

Clack. Clack. Clack.
The noisy tapping of her dark heels echoed throughout, catching the attention of every passersby.

Clack. Clack. Clack.
More tapping. For a few minutes, for everywhere she walked, she steals the eyes of every men and women alike, filling both with either adoration, affection, curiosity, or envy.

Clack. Clack. Clack.
Then it came to a stop.

The woman, who's as dark as the darkest night, sat on one of the full white chairs. The weird view of the black figure dominating the pureness instilled within the seat, melded in a nice picture for a twisted mind.

Click. *flash*
Click. Click. Click.
The sound of the shutters of a single camera resonated. A man, seemingly in his late twenties, wearing a semi-formal attire with a crooked tie, laid his viewfinder on the lady.

Irked, the woman, whom had a face as cold as harsh winter, broke out into a fiery rage, "What the fuck!? One more shot of that damned contraption, and I'll be the one shooting your ass! Get the fuck lost!"

As soon as she began screaming her lungs off, every person within the area, shuddered in surprise. The shrill cry of the woman managed to bring goosebumps to all who heard.

The man though was an exception. Instead of a shocked expression, he gave the woman something weird, as of the situation. A sly, devious smirk was dastardly seen within his face.

"I see you haven't changed a bit... Vee."
The peculiar man offed the tension with a few of his words.

The woman, however, seemed surprised by the words of the figure of a man who was standing proudly in front of her.
"Y-you couldn't be... Impossible!"

"HAHAHAHA," the man broke out a loud laugh, "how am I alive if you might ask?"
"It wasn't easy but," his belittling expression suddenly turned sour as he faced the woman, "it was certainly worth the effort to see your dissipated joy."

As the man started to turn away and walk off, he parted the dark lady with these eerie goodbye, "Enjoy your life while you still can... my ever dearest Ver."
The man guffawed as his figure started to disappear into the distance.

The woman, who was left alone with a threat-ful of a parting and incoherent stares of the passersby, seemed petrified and frozen on her seat. Her mind seemed to have wandered off along the way....

"Why did it turn out this way...?" The woman quietly whispered.