Chapter #8

Sabers' POV 

Cleo and I talked for hours, my mom hiding behind the door, trying not to be noticed as she listened in on our conversation.

She told me about her younger sister, who happened to be her best friend. I told her how my sister had died.

She told me about her great job in the human world as an interior designer. I told her how I fought evil, death worshiping demons.

Basically it went pretty well. She left after dinner with my parents and I, and truthfully she wasnt that bad of a person. I thought I might as well give her a chance, and afterwards I dismissed my earlier thoughts of Karys as me just being scared and nervouse of meeting Cleo. Of course i didnt love karys, she was like my sister. 

Doons' POV

I heard someone walk through the door, and perked my head up and moved my self to face the door.

"Hey Doon, how you doing?" I heard Saber's deep voice near my side.

"Hi, I'm doing a bit better," I replied, relaxing back onto the soft pillow.

"So did Blum figure out how to keep all that demon pioson away from your mind?" He asks straight out.

"Ya," I say, sighing. "He put a really strong protection spell around the house, and yard, but if i go out of the boundaries I wont be under this spell, and anything can take controll of me. Otherwise I'm pretty much safe."

"Good," he says, his voice seems to relax, and I can immagine him sitting back in his chair. "I met Cleo yesterday," 

I sit up "You did? what was she like?" 

"Oh, she was really nice," he says.

Worry churns inside of me, as I think of Karys's confession yesterday. 

"But you dont want to marry her do you?" I asked trying to keep my face straight.

I couldnt see his expression, but I heard him hesitate. 

"Tthere is no one that I'm in love with right now, I dont love Cleo, I dont know if I ever will. I still dont like the idea of an arranged marriage, but what am I supposed to do?" he finally said.

I sighed "what about Karys?" 

"What do you mean, she's my best friend, i'll have her meet Cleo, her oppinion as important as yours, so what do you think?" he asks.

"I dont know what's gotten into you! You heard about this and freaked out !!! Now your excepting this horrible fate?" I raised my voice.

Saber sighs, and it seems as though he's thinking through what I've said.

"I dont want this. You have to know i dont want this. I wanted to find someone I loved on my own, not have it stuffed at me all of a sudden. I'll go along with it for now, but I'm having my doubts, maybe I'll leave the house while mom and dad trust me, and just get away for a while to think it all through..."

Now this was more the Saber I knew. Good thing he wasnt serious about marrying her. I had watched Saber and karys get along the times I had seen them together. they had always been so trustworthy of the other, so content in their own little world. I Dont know if Saber realised it, but whenever he would look at karys, he got this loving look on his face, and he would smile, his thoughts obviosly in the clouds. 

Time away from every one would be the perfect remedy for his stupid and thoughtless conclusions. Hopefully he would realise his love for karys before it was too late.

After all, I had promised her he would come around.

And I didnt like breaking promises.