6

N/A at the end. Please read!

Note: When the parts in Itallic start with the quotation marks its her talking to her 'conscience'. 

----------------------------------------------------------------

The storm passed. The roads are still closed though. That's why I'm still at this coffee shop.

This damn coffee shop.

I'm sitting on a booth, looking out the window. I should be writing I know, but I kinda have other things to worry about... Like that almost kiss.

Was it even an almost kiss??
If it was, did i want him to actually kiss me?

Answer to both questions: I don't know.

Do I want to even know?? No. It wouldn't matter if we'd had something while being here.

It would be just a freaking possibility if we saw each other after this.

But whatever. Not thinking about it.
I'm putting it in a safe and lock it. For ever. Or not. At least for awhile.

Meanwhile, my wrist still hurt. The pain killers Carson gave me were wearing off . I hate it.

It shouldn't be like this you know? I didn't think I would start having feelings for someone i only know for about two days. That doesn't work for me.

At least it didn't. Now I'm not that sure.

I'm thinking too much. It probably is the pain killers' fault. Yeah, they make me think too much. I should just stop thinking. At all.

Yeah. That's how I get to fall asleep.

♠♠♠♠

I wake up in a hospital bed. Huh. That's weird. I don't remember falling a sleep in a bed, moreover in a hospital one.

I tried to move but as I felt wires moving too I stopped.

What??
What happened??

"Hey there, I'm Dr. Iz. I'm going to be your doctor while you're here."

"Hi. Can you tell me why am I here?"

The dr. frowned

"You don't remember?"

"Remember what? The last thing I remember is to fall asleep in a coffee shop with a broken wrist. Don't remember anything about a hospital though.."

"Oh, okay. That's understandable. So, there's a guy that came in with you in the ambulance. Do you remember him?" As I made a confused face, she added " I think his name was Cason or something like that.. "

"Oh, Carson. Yeah, I remember him. Is he here?"

"Uh, no. He had to go to the coffee shop again."

"Oh, okay."

"Yeah, no problem." She started looking on the monitor and writing stuff on her notepad

"Um, what are you writing there?" I asked, curiosity taking the best of me

"Oh, just how you're doing. If you need to be here for more than one day.. which you don't because its a minor injury."

"Oh, alright thanks." I gave her a small smile

"No problem." She continued writing on the notepad "So, about your wrist, is slightly broken. Nothing too worry, just don't put on too much work for a couple of weeks, ok? Then, you come back and see if it's hilled or not."

"Okey, thanks. Can I go now?"

"Yeah, you're free to go. You just have to sign the discharge papers and be careful yeah?" She walked away from me, and going to help other patients in the ER.

As I was leaving the ER, and as I was trying to find my phone, I realised I probably left it at the coffee shop.

"Great." 

Oh, it's like you don't want to see Carson again

"Shut up. Of course I don't want to see him again, it'll be awkward."

Yeah, right. He likes you, I know it and he knows it. Just the only person who doesn't know is you.

"If you know, it doesn't literally mean that I know it too? 'Cuz, you know, you're my conscience?"

No, it doesn't really work like that. You're in denial, but deep down you know your conscience is always right.

Now go.

"Alright, so bossy!"

I might have said that out loud. People were looking at me differently. Okey, time to go.

-----------------------------------------------

So... i hope you guys liked it.

Sorry for the delay, i've been a bit busy with work and things and i dragged the fic a bit.

This is the second to last chapter. There's going to be an extended epilogue, i think it will be a bit clichè but whatever xd

I'll try to update fast :)