Epilogue: The Electrifying Finale

Without the thumb, Jessica was able to pull the the manacle off her mangled mechanical left hand. She glanced across to see Holmes and Moriarty still grappling together, before she frantically reached for the buckles and straps that attached it to her shoulder. It seemed to take an eternity, each buckle felt especially stiff, but finally the last one came free and she pulled Tesla's fantastic creation free from her shoulder.

“Now, Holmes! Now!” She cried as she threw the metal limb into the sewage channel that crossed the floor of the chamber, where it landed with a foul splash.

By the steep steps to the gantry, Holmes twirled Moriarty, as if dancing with him, and with a powerful shove, threw him backwards. Moriarty landed with a cry of disgust in the noisome sewage channel, the box, the deadman's switch, slipped from his hand and into the muck beside him. Further downstream, Jessica's mechanical arm released it's full charge into the filthy water causing Moriarty to scream, a high pitched wail of agony, as both he and the mechanical arm were swept away in a torrent of excrement.

Moriarty's screams still echoed from the narrow sewage tunnel as Holmes released Jessica's right wrist from the iron cuff and pulled her to her feet.

“Well,” said Holmes, “that was shocking!”