Chapter 5

"How did your meeting with Mr. Lockwood go?" Damon asked.

"Quite well, really he is generally pleasing and polite. If you question my mother, she will tell you it has been the most productive visit we've had in years!" I told him, dreading what I had to tell him next.

"How so?" He inquired, now curious.

"Well, Tyler has asked me to the Founder's Ball," I said, expectant to see how he would react.

"Oh really? I guess you will have a lovely time, if Tyler is as considerate as you say," he commented, voice dripping with distaste.

"Damon, you seem upset. Is everything okay? Did I do something to upset you?" I questioned him, brushing his arm with my fingertips.

He brushed my hands off, and ran his fingers through his black hair, "It's fine, I'm fine!" He stormed off inside.

"Lena, I'll be right back," I call to my sister, grabbing the front of my dress and rushing inside, in the direction my best friend just went. "Damon! Damon, wait! Can you stop? You do know these dresses are heavy, and with your coat on top... I can barely walk, much less run. I do not know what has gotten you so upset. You do not own me, you have no right to treat me in such way!" I exclaimed, while chasing him to his room. He finally stopped, and looked back at me.

"I'm sorry. I should never have behaved in such a way. You were right, I had no reason. I... I do not know what possessed me. I... I care about you Mar," he said, taking my hand in his.

"Damon, I... I'm going to the Ball with Tyler, I... I can't do this to him," I explained, touching my fingers lightly to his cheek.

"I know, and I'm not asking you to do anything, I am just saying, I would love to escort you to the next Ball," he said, grinning.

"I believe that's a pretty fine arrangement Mr. Salvatore," I replied, " I think I can even save you a few dances in this one, but we must go now, our siblings have been left unsupervised for far too long."

"One only knows what those naive children are doing," he said, as we made ourselves across the house, to meet the young couple. As soon as we reached the doors that lead outside, Damon smiled at me, "are you really fine? You are not upset are you? I was just caring for you, I am just caring for you."

I took his hand, looking him in the eyes, "I know, and I told you, I'm fine, and we are perfect."

I opened the big white door leading outside, trying to search for my sister and Stefan in the dark, when I feel Damon nudging my side, pointing at the far end of the garden. It wasn't obvious if you were standing in the garden, but because we were up on the porch, we could clearly see two figures lying on the grass, watching the stars.

"Ahh, young love, how romantic," Damon commented, and I could feel him smirking, even in the dark.

"Don't be like that, Damon, they are lucky to have found each other, everybody should get to marry the person they truly love, their best friend, and in our siblings case, they are also both great people, perfect for each other."

"Okay, okay, I agree with you, but let's go and break up the love birds, it's getting late for you two, and we still have half an hour to walk until your house."

"You really don't have to do that, we came by our selves and nothing happened," I said.

"Luckily nothing happened, by we're not taking any chances," Damon said.

We walked across the garden, and met Lena and Stefan near their spot, noticing they were both sleeping in each other's arms.

"Should we wake them? They look so peaceful..." I asked Damon.

"I think we should tell them to come inside, you should both stay here for the night, it's very late, and tomorrow we can ride the horses there, early in the morning, nobody will find out," he suggests.

"Your servants will, when they find an extra unmade bed in the morning, you know how servants gossip is..." I replied.

"You can stay in our rooms, it's against protocol, but Stefan and I can sleep on the floor," he said, "what do you think?"

"I am awfully tired, and Lena obviously is too," I replied, "let's wake Stefan up,"

We woke Stefan up, who agreed with Damon's plan, and took a sleeping Elena into his room. Damon guided me into his own, and showed me to his bathing room, so I could get out of the dress, and into one of his shirts, to sleep more comfortably.

"No peeking," I joked from the other side of the door, "I walked from the bathing room to the bed, and saw Damon's long figure awkwardly lying on the chaise longue, as he was too tall to fit in. When I was covered by the bed sheets, I spoke to Damon, "that looks awfully uncomfortable, your back is going to be in knots by the morning Damon," I said, " why don't you join me in bed, nothing will happen, we are just fiends, and besides, your bed is big enough for both of us"

"Fine, but we really need to wake up early tomorrow, imagine if the maid walked in on us like this, our reputations would be ruined, your mother would never even let you see me," Damon responded, getting into the opposite side of the bed.

"On a good note, Tyler wouldn't be interested in me anymore," I said, half jokingly.

"Sweet dreams, Maria," Damon said.

That night, I slept like I hadn't in a long time. I woke up with the sun on my face, and arms hugging my body against a rock solid naked chest. I couldn't move, even when there was a knock on the door....

"Mr. Salvatore, you should get up, it's 9 o'clock already," said the maid on the other side of the door.

Damon woke up in a halt, and looked at me... We had fallen asleep like this.........

A/N: Hii everybody, it has been 10 months since I actually updated this fanfiction, and I am so sorry for that, but I decided to today, since it's thanksgiving, and all.

So please tell me what you think about this new chapter, comment , vote and follow the story.

Do you think Elena and Maria will get in trouble?

See you next time,

Maria <3