Chapter 5

Never, ever, walk into a fake summer camp with highly trained element warriors without a full suit of armor. When we passed the entrance arch, immediately arrows flew at us. If I didn't have control over air, yeah we'd be dead.

Luckily, I do have control over air, so I blew the arrows slightly off course and they burrowed into a tree.

"It's me!" Keith cried. "Don't shoot!"

"Password?" a gruff voice snapped.

Keith sighed. "Keith, 54280956."

A figure stalked out of the bushes, face hidden in the shadows. "Acceptable." Random light flickered into existence, revealing a ball of flame floating in his hand. "Who's with you? New elemental? Intruder?" He growled softly. "Enemy?"

"Friend! Friend! Not an enemy! She's a new elemental." The way Keith spoke, it was obvious that this person had control and authority over him.

"Element?" Blaze seethed through clenched teeth.

"Air."

"Impossible! Air is extinct! You have lied!" Blaze's hands filled with even more flame, his face twisted with anger. "Prove that she's air, or both of you will die!"

Keith nodded. "Lexi, do something air like."

Looking at Blaze, I let my anger fuel my power. I spread my arms, palms up, allowing wind to flow around me. It blew harder and harder, lifting me off the ground. As I was levitating, the wind blew harder. Finally, for extra measures, I summoned two lightning bolts, both hitting my opened palms. The electricity in my hands powered me, and it pulsed from my hands into the sky, lighting the horizon. Flipping my palms over, I lowered to the ground and landed, calling off all winds.

Immediate silence followed.

Finally Blaze broke the silence. "Damn. Well, um... Welcome to Camp Elements... uh... didn't catch your name."

"Lexi," I growled.

"Keith, lead her to cabin 2. She'll have to be alone for now. Ethan, you're another loner. Show her around tomorrow. Right now, she needs sleep. Break!"