Chapter 8

The referee was a girl named Elise. She was about 13 years old and was one of 34 other light elementals. We were in an arena not unlike that of the colosseum, with high walls and everyone from camp there in the audience, awaiting to meet their new leader. Elise stood between Blaze and me and explained the rules. "No resigning, the loser is only determined by death. No weapons. No leaving. Until a winner is determined, we will stay here, rain or shine, day or night, however long it takes." She looked at me. "Ready!?" I nodded. She looked at a very bloodthirsty, grinning Blaze. "Ready!?" He nodded hungrily, disgusting me. "BEGIN!!!"

Immediately flame and heat was unleashed upon me. Wind blew the fire away, but the fire was already beginning to overpower me. I levitated, calling upon rain, and it poured down. It hissed in collision with the fire, but didn't put it out. Angrily, I got an idea. Spinning in the air and causing the wind to follow in the circular motion. A cyclone formed, blowing at Blaze. He was lifted into the air and was caught in the tornado. Lightning singed through it, striking Blaze in the chest.

I flipped over my palms and all wind ceased. Blaze dropped like a rock onto the ground. Dead.

Stunned silence. Followed by any screams and upset fans.