Chapter ONE

TWO WEEKS AFTER

Blake

"Good morning, Blake." my secretary, Wilma Stonesteel greets me as I enter my office. She used to be my father's assistant for 30 years. When my father retires she regains the position and became my assistant. She's efficient and kind and warm. I can't ask for anyone to be at her place. But, she's about to retire, too. She's getting old and tired, and she needs to take the retirement soon.

The thought tugs something inside of me that I don't want to name. She's been a family to me. Losing her is like losing my mom, too. But I don't want to talk about dark memories. Not today. Not this early hour of the morning.

"Good morning, Wilma. Have you found someone to take your place?" I sit on my swivel chair, my hand automatically reach for the folders in my desk, my eyes scan the documents and read silently as I wait for her answer.

"Err, I have interviewed a thousand of applicants for the past two months, but nothing really appeared to be qualified..." she trails off. I look up to meet her eyes that crinkles at the corners everytime she smiles. "I have thirty applicants today to be interviewed and I hope one of them can pass your standards."

I grin at her. She shakes her head at me.

"Young man, you need to chose one of the applicants that I will let go up in here. Try one of them at least. Or you will live alone in this building." she softly warns me.

"Give me the ones I'm looking for. Sexy legs and creamy skin. Tall but petite. But instead you're giving me whales." I laugh at my own joke.

"Mr. Blake Harris, what are you really looking for? A girlfriend or a secretary?"

I smirk again and she shakes her head at me smillimg knowingly.

"Definitely, a secretary." I finally said. She walks out and I presume she went on her cabin to interview applicants. If they pass to Wilma's interview, she will let them in to me for the final one.

It's almost lunch when the intercom rings.

"One applicant had passed for the initial interview for today, Her name is Monica Wilson. What time should you be ready for her final interview?" Wilma said, I can sense that she is confident this time. Does she found what I'm looking for?

"Okay, let her in, so we can finally have our lunch Mrs. Stonesteel."

"Yes, sir." she said in all serious tone but I can sense that she's enjoying this.

There's a soft knock on my door, I shifted on my seat and compose myself before I speak. I need a boss figure here.

"Come in." I finally said. The double doors opened slowly, revealing a woman in four inches cream peach stilettos, grey pencil cut skirt and in a very sexy light peach coat that hugs her curves so naturally. When I look at her face, my jaw drops in the ground floor with a loud tud.

Jaw! Come back here!

I can't be wrong. This is the woman in the bar. The lavender model lady. Creamy skin. Petite body. Long hair. Her eyes. They are not blue, not green or gray, the are hazel brown that almost turns to gold when it caught some light. I never saw these kind of eyes before. They are very calculating and compose, frosting even. The kind of look in her eyes sends shiver town my toes.

How can a single look makes me squirm in my seat. Me? Blake Harris? Squirming? I could be kidding myself.

She probably noticed my reaction. She cleared her throat.

"Good morning, Sir, I'm Monica Wilson." She said in all calm compose manner.

"Pleased to meet you. Please be seated, Ms. Wilson." I finally said after blinking twice. Shaking and slapping myself mentally.