IV

I hopped down the staircase, going to get my dinner. Mom and dad were out at a party, and were going to be late. I was alone in the house a no. of times, And was now used to it.

After having my dinner, i went back to my room to study.

As I was tired, I ended up falling asleep. I woke up about five hours later in the middle of the night. Since it was light out when I had fallen asleep, I had fallen asleep with the lights off. It was pitch black now and it kind of scared me. I decided to just go back to sleep, I'd wake up in the morning. I had only closed my eyes for a short time when I felt something strange. I felt a freezing cold air go through and around my legs and ankles, which were hanging off the bed. I felt a shudder go up my spine, it was so cold, and it just came in and out, as if it was pacing back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, past my legs and ankles.

I slowly looked back, there was something there....like...like....some shimmering person...not clear and detailed like the ghost you'll see in the comedyish horror movies. But it was like...part of it was reflecting a tiny bit of light, and that's all you could see of it. I can't really explain. I couldn't breathe. It was walking back and forth, back and forth, back and forth through me. It kind of resembled a girl, around eleven or twelve years old.

As soon as I had just enough courage to, I quickly flicked on the light switch, which was conveniently right by my bed. There was nothing there, nothing... I ran to the phone to call my boyfriend for protection. He came to my house and comforted me, which I really liked because any normal person would say I was crazy and to go back to sleep.

"Devan, lets get a camera," I faintly said.

"What? Why?" he asked me.

"I want to find out if what I saw was real." I replied.

He agreed and we went to get a camera. Once in the room, I shakily took the camera and snapped a couple shots at where "it" was. Devan said he would look at it first and tell me if it were a good idea to look at it. It was one of those old fashioned cameras, so when the picture came out it started out grey, then slowly developed. As he held it in his hands I saw his eyes slowly widen. Knowing it had just developed I spoke up.

"Let me see it." I said reaching for it.

"No!" he said pulling it away.

He took another look at the picture, though and fainted.

Confused at why he wouldn't let me see it, I stooped down and picked it up. I will never forget what I saw there that night, October 30, 2005. There was a girl, sitting in the chair with scratches and bruises all over her face and body, smiling strangely, like a doll, and holding a ragdoll. She seemed really familiar...wait-was it really...Sarah? My sister that had died three years earlier? It couldn't have been, and also, she had scratched something on the window,

"Stay with me forever, I'll get rid of all who might prevent that"

At first I didn't understand, but then I froze. Scared to death, I slowly pulled the picture down and saw my boyfriend, lying on the floor...bleeding all over, dead. I then heard it. Someone, something, pacing back and forth, back and forth, back and forth