Chapter 1: Unaware

Sabrina looked around her hotel room in a sigh of relief because she felt safe because no one knew she was there and she could proceed to her destination with the stolen money in the morning. She opened her suitcase and looked at the money and smiled to herself thinking of the big dreams that she has for this money. She then went for the suitcase and picked out a nightgown to wear for this evening, but first she had to take a shower. She went into the cold bathroom and turned on the water, she got undressed and hopped into the shower and just stood still for a while being soothed by the warm water and thought that she should call the clerk to order some dinner. She got out of the shower, dried off and put on her nightgown and wrapped the towel around her hair. She sat on the bed and dialed 0 to call the clerk and the old man picked up the phone and with a harsh voice said, "Yeah, what do you want?" Sabrina said, "Excuse me sir, I was just wondering if I could order up some food." He said, "No, we don't provide that service, but there's a deli a mile up the road." She said, "I'm very tired and I don't feel like getting dressed to drive to the deli, do you have a vending machine available?" she asked. "Yes, we sure do, why don't you come down and help yourself." said the clerk. So she removed the towel from her hair, brushed her hair back, and rolled it into a bun and she stuck a hairpin in to hold it and then she put on her robe and picked up her keys off the nightstand and left the room. The door slammed behind her and she went downstairs to the lobby. She looked for the vending machine and found it tucked away a few feet from her right, she stood in front of it and looked at all the different items, wondering what she should pick, then she noticed one of her favorite snacks, which was a bag of Lays potato chips. She looked at the price and noticed that she needed to make change because she only has a $5 bill and her mind drifted to all the cash she has in her suitcase and it made her smile. She turned around and walked to the clerk's desk to ask if he had change, and he said, "I think so, let me take a look." He bent down and rose back up with a handful of dollar bills and asked her what did she need, and she said, "5 of those $1's will help me." She handed him the $5 bill, and he handed her the singles. She said, "Thank you," but he turned away without giving a response. She returned to the vending machine, and placed $1 in the machine, and pressed D3 for her Lays chips.