Chapter 4: The Darkness

The man said, "I apologize for startling you, how long have you been here? She said,"Just for a few hours, I've been doing some looking around, and this place is giving me the creeps." He said, "Why don't you call the cops, they can help you retrieve your suitcase, how much money did you have in there?" Sabrina said,"You never mind about that, it's complicated, I can't call the police. They might ask me questions, like you are." Then she asked him, "Where are you headed?" He said,"I'm on my way to visit my parents, but I thought I should stop here for the night, because I have 8 hours to go." He said, "I'm starving!" She said, "I'm sorry, I can't help you, I only have a little bit of chips left, but on second thought, you could have it." He said, "No thanks, I'm a growing boy, I need a hero sandwich or a full plate. Maybe if we look around a little more for the clerk, then we could find out what happened to your suitcase, and then get something to eat. How does that sound?" She said, "Alright, but I don't think it'll be easy. He said, "I'll go down the hall on the left, and you take the right." She said, "OK, and we'll meet back here in about 15 minutes." He said, "Sure." So she left the hotel room and went down the hall to the right, thinking to herself where could her suitcase be, and she needs her money, and she's out of this stink hole in the morning. She took a couple of steps, and found a $20 bill on the floor. She turned it over, and it had blood on the other side. She dropped the bill and looked around, and saw a shadow turn around the corner. So she shouted, "Hey! Hey! Have you seen the clerk?" She tried to run to catch up to the shadow, but the person was gone. She continued walking and said to herself, "Who could that person be?" She saw the door marked, "Stairwell", and decided to open the door and take the stairs to wherever it may lead. She took a few steps down the stairs and then the door slammed shut behind her. Sabrina looked behind her, and she was startled. Then, she looked forward, and a man was standing in front of her.