FOUR- Willow? PT 2

Luke

I don't look away from Maia as the little girl reaches for me. "Daddy."

"Why does she keep calling me that?" I didn't realize how rude that came out until Ashton gave me a dirty look and Michael was shaking his head. "I'm sorry."

"I told you, she calls a lot of guys that." Maia shift back in forth on her legs. "I'm sorry guys but we have to go."

"Are you okay Maia?" I furrow my eyebrows looking in her eyes, she nods. "We were together for a long time, I know when your lying." I step a little closer to her and move hair out of her face.

"Really Luke I'm fine, and it's none of your business anyway." She pushes my hand away and backs up to Ashton. He puts his arm around her waist smoothing down a little girl's hair that is in the basket. "You're too late Luke, if you still had any feelings for me you shouldn't have left me."

And that's when I felt like the world just went in reverse to replay that day. I dumped her right before my tour started. Now that I think about it she was getting sick every morning.

"Maia can I talk to you," I look at Ashton, "Alone please."

She sighs and turns to Ashton. "Go check out, and call Calum. I'll be out there shortly okay."

Michael clears his throat fixing his hair. "I will join you Ashton, then we can catch up."

Maia kisses Willow's head and Ashton cheek before they walk away. She turns to me holding herself with her arms. I realize then that she's wearing my Nirvana shirt I've been looking for.

"That's my shirt." I mutter.

"You left it."

"Yeah, I guess I didn't really pay attention when I was packing." I scratches the back of my neck awkwardly. "But it looks better on you anyway."

"Stop." She sighs closing her eyes.

"Stop what?" I ask confused.

"This!" She motions to me. "Did my brother tell you how bad I was when you dumped me?"

I nod. "Yeah, he still does."

Calum did talk to me for two months because of Maia. He would glare but when it came to conversations, he ignored me. I guess he noticed after the first few months that I was taking it just as bad as her. I didn't sleep good and I barely ate. I didn't change my lock screen or screen saver, I still haven't actually changed it.

Her expression softness as she looks over my face. "He told me you didn't want to eat for a few months at the beginning of the tour."

"It was nothing, I just felt homesick." I lied.

She swallows and steps another few feet away from me. It's almost like she can't be near me. "That song you wrote. Amnesia. It actually really hurt me Luke."

I go to apologize but she stops me. "No, don't even think about trying to apologize. It's too late for that."

Maia goes to turn around but grab her arm. My body is close to hers, and our eyes meet. "I'm sorry, Maia. I'm sorry that I broke your heart. I'm sorry that I never gave you a reason. And I'm so so sorry for hurting you and making you build up walls to keep me out."

"Let go of me Luke." She whispers.

I do as she asks only to have her walk away. I know she's hurt by me. I could see the walls she built, and I know for fact there for me. Maia and I... we were high school sweethearts. I was her first love, and I broke that.

I'm too late.
-------------------

Maia

Once I got out of the store I ran to the car. Ashton was still putting the groceries in the back while Michael kept Willow, Zoe, Kaiden and Maddie company.

"Maia?" Michael walks over to where I stood wiping tears from my cheeks. "You okay?"

"No." I finish wiping my face and look at him. "You know don't you."

"About Willow?" He nods, "Right when I saw her. She looks too much like Luke."

"She does." I smile at my little girl playing with the doll I keep in the car for her.

"I won't tell him." Michael pulls my chin gently to look at him. "I can see that you don't want him to know, and I can tell that he's not gonna figure it out for awhile."

"Probably not, he seems to be a little dimmer than normal." I laugh a little bit.

"We've all had a rough month, him mostly." Michael leans against my car. "He's being blamed for the band breaking up."

"Is he?" I ask.

"No, it was all three of us. But I think after Ashton left it got worse." Michael sighs. "He's not the same since you guys broke up."

"Neither am I."

"Yeah." He smiles, "Well I better go, Luke is running on 3 hours of sleep right now."

"It was great seeing you Mikey." I hug him burying my face his shoulder. "Don't be a stranger okay?"

He laughs, "Me? Stranger? Girl who do you think I am? Besides, Willow seems to like me."

He gives me a warm smile then walks away. Ashton yells bye and closes the back of the car. I missed Michael, he's like a brother to me.

"How'd it go?" Ashton asks once we were in the car.

"Better than I thought, but I know now he feels terrible for leaving me." I say and turn on the radio. Ashton was actually surprised I keep it on since 5 Seconds Of Summer was playing.

A/N

Another update and I'm still not feeling any better. My tummy is all grumpy.

Well I don't really have anything to say other than have a lovely weekend.

Maxine