Stupid

Emma's POV

I softly hummed a song and looked out of a hole in the side of the truck, we've been driving for a few days now and everything seems to be going smoothly. Royce keeps complaining that he's bored so I'm looking for something to distract him. "Hey Royce, I've got a game for you to play!" He looked to me and smiled, I smiled back. "It's kinda like a game of 'eye spy'. I say something for you to look for and when you find what I said it's my turn." He nodded and smiled wider. "Okay, look for.. A horse!" I watched as he looked through a hole and finally shut up. I smiled and went back to sleep, waking up occasionally to play my turn with Royce. 'I wonder what Heidi and Nikki are doing..' 

Nikki's POV

I was driving and Heidi was asleep next to me, I finally saw a sign telling us that we were now in Adelaide. "FUCKING FINALLY" I yelled, startling Heidi awake. "NIKKI SHUT THE FUCK UP. IM TRYING TO SLEEP" "WE MADE TO ADELAIDE"

Emma's POV

Nikki stopped the truck and we cautiously got out, Royce didn't want to get up. "Royce you lil' brat, come on!" I said as I tried to drag him out of the truck. "NO. I'M TIRED" he yelled back. Heidi, Nikki and Rachel laughed. I finally got him out and we found a large shopping centre, I was seemingly abandoned. "I think some of us should check it out first to make sure no people or zombies are inside." I said turning to the rest of them and grabbing a gun, my butterfly knife and some ammo. "I'm not going alone so who wants to come with me?" I asked, looking around. I hardly ever did anything by myself because I wasn't used to being on my own, luckily they knew this and Nikki volunteered to come with me.

Nikki's POV

Emma and I walked into the centre with our weapons ready and our guns loaded. The centre was much bigger that we first thought, I hope Emma doesn't get distracted or I might loose he-... Are you fucking kidding me. Where the fuck did she go?

Emma's POV

"Hey, Nikki! check out thes-...Nikki?" I looked around and couldn't see her. 'I must've gotten distracted. FUCK' I looked around in a panic, this was worse than your average 'lost mom at the grocery store' situation. This was more of a 'alone and scared in a strange place that is probably filled with zombies or murderers' situation. Of course I panicked and ran into the nearest shop, pointing my gun at anything that made a sound or moved. Eventually I stepped back outside and yelled. "NIKKI WHERE ARE YOU!!!!" Stupid.... I know