Chapter 7 (Last chapter)

As Matt sat on the rooftop by himself and felt Mello's absence, he came to notice that he couldn't take this anymore. Even if Mello would be angry or wouldn't want to talk to him, it wouldn't really matter, how worse could things get than they already were? Matt climbed down the roof and entered the building through the small window. He headed towards the stairs and ran down to the 2nd floor where their room was, hoping to find Mello there. When he came to the door he hesitated for a while, but then reminded himself that there was no time for that. Making up his mind and taking a deep breath, he entered the room, to find Mello sobbing horribly on his bed.
"Hey Mells." he said with a slight smile. "Listen, I know that you're angry at me, and I totally deserved it. I-I'm really sorry to hurt you I ne-" He was cut off by Mello getting up and hugging him. "It's okay. It wasn't your fault. I am sorry" he whispered in the redhead's neck, his voice slightly cracking from crying for hours. Matt was shocked. He expected Mello to be mad, and that he'd go around yelling and breaking things and that they won't ever talk again. But there they were, hugging each other. They stayed in the middle of the room in silence for a while. Then Mello said, "Matt... I-I've actually c-come to notice that I r-really like you...", breaking the silence. Matt was even more surprised when he heard this. He wasn't sure what to do, should he kiss Mello, or turn him down and tell him that he wanted to be friends? Between Matt's thoughts, Mello moved his head closer to Matt's and gently kissed him on the lips. Matt was grateful to the blonde for making the hard decision for him. He put his hands on Mello's neck and kissed him back. Mello could taste the same cigarette-ish taste from last time in Matt's mouth. Matt moved his tongue toward the blonde's mouth, rubbing it slowly against his teeth for permission to go in. Mello opened his mouth and Matt licked the side of his mouth. In the meanwhile Matt was moving his hands slowly down to Mello's butt. Their kiss was much more passionate and felt much better this time. They kissed for god-knows-how-long. "Um M-matt, do you wanna b-be like, boyfriends?" Mello said quietly, blushing a lot. Matt's eyes shined. "Sure!" he said excitedly. They sat on the bed, sode by side. They kept silent for sometime. Then Matt asked"Oh hey, Mells, by the way can I get my Nintendo DS back, now?" A look both amused and angry made its way to Mello's face. "You never change, do you, Mail Jeevas?" the blonde guy said, laughing, as he hit the redhead with the pillow. Matt fell on the bed, laughing. As he got up, he said, "Really, Mells, where is my DS?", hoping Mello wouldn't be too angry. Not quite suprisingly, the blonde's eyes shone with fury and he got to his feet keeping the pillow tight in his hand. "Run for your life, Jeevas." he said as he shot death glares to the redhead. "Uwaaahhhh!" Matt shouted and ran out of the room.

That day, the boys were seen running around the orphanage for hours.