dreams and nightmares

When people ask you what your dreams are, your answers are something along the lines to getting something or living somewhere or even having someone.

When people ask you what your nightmares are, your answers are something along the lines to losing someone or being somewhere or something you're scared of.

When someone asks me what my dreams are, i say to be an artist or a teacher, but that isn't the truth; the truth is, my dreams are different. I don't want anything. My dreams are for others to not want anything either, to appreciate what they have. My dreams are for gays, blacks, and any other label not to be mocked. My dreams are for people to care about people who care about everyone. .My dreams are to walk down a school corridor and to not feel repulsed at the way people talk about others. I dreamed that the saddest people were smiling, and I dreamed that the brutal criticism had died and a flower of kindness and confidence grew in its place.

When someone asks me what my nightmares are, I say to lose someone I love or to be put through pain, but that isn't the truth; the truth is, my nightmares are different. I don't just fear losing something, or too be put through pain; pain is what makes us acknowledge happiness and losing someone is what makes us feel complete when we have someone. I fear something drastic to happen that will make a huge change in society, but the thought of society staying as it is fears me the most.

- Molly Jackson