Chapter Five

Ally's P.O.V.

I spent two weeks in the hospital before I was finally allowed to be discharged. The doctor wrote me a perscription for painkillers, and gave Austin full written instructions on how to take care of me. My sprained wrist is mostly healed, so all I have to do for that is wear a brace on my hand. 

My leg, however, is another matter. I broke my ankle and shin bone pretty bad, and popped my knee out of place. I had to have a few bolts and a plate put in, and I have to wear a boot for at least two months.

Austin helped me ease into his car and helped me get buckled before sliding into the driver's seat.

"Thanks for helping me out..." I said.

"My pleasure." He turned toward me and smiled his bright smile that always takes my breath away. "Wanna pick up some burgers?" 

"Sure." I smiled back.

He drives toward Cook-Out, holding my hand the whole way. Austin knows me so well...he knew exactly what to order me, and cheeseburger with extra pickles and a strawberry shake.

When we got home, I ate my burger, drank the shake and took a pain pill. 

"You look tired." Austin commented.

"These pills knock me out." I laughed.

Austin carried me up to my room and laid me down on the bed. 

"Stay with me?" I mumbled out.

"Of course," he kicked off his shoes, lifted the sheets and slid under next to me. I snuggled up to him, laying my head down on his chest. he wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back. In Austin's arms, I felt safe, warm and secure. Within a few minutes I was in a deep, painkiller-induced sleep.

-LATER THAT NIGHT-

I woke up to a sharp aching pain in my ankle. I needed another pain pill, but I didn't want to wake Austin, who'd fallen out next to me...

Austin's P.O.V.

Ally's muffled groans woke me up.

"Ally, do you need some meds?"

In answer, she nodded her head while on the verge of crying. I went downstairs and got the right dose of pills out of the bottle and poured a glass of water for her when there was a bang at the door.

I went to answer it... It's 5AM, I thought, who would be coming at this hour? 

My question was answered by a slurring Dallas.

"ALLLLYYYYYYYY!" 

I opened the door just enough to stick my head through.

"What the hell are you doing here, Dallas?" I asked harshly.

"I, uh, I wanna, I wanna talk to Ally..." he was slurring his words and having a hard time getting his thoughts together. That and the strong smell of liquor coming off his breath were giveaways that he was intoxicated.

"I'm afraid that can't happen" I tried to shut the door but he jutted his hand out, pushing it open. 

"Ally has a crush on me not you, loverboy." he smiled wryly and laughed. His breath wreeked.

"Dallas. Leave. Now. Before I call the cops."

"Fine then, but this isn't the last you'll hear from me, woman-stealer." he left. I shut and locked the door.

I decided not to tell Ally about what just happened, and I got her pills into her. She fell back asleep.