Chapter 1~ One Moment at a Time

The day started out ok. I was ok, I guess. Nothing bad happened.... yet. It was time to go to school my first day of my last year of high school. I did my usual natural makeup and put on a floral pattern dress with a nude cardigan. My mom was already gone, at work I suppose. My older sister, Sophie, was having breakfast, and Joe, my twin brother, was still asleep, as usual. I quickly ate breakfast and got out the door as fast as possible.

My mom and dad got a divorce 2 months and 4 days ago. That's when everything went wrong, my life felt like it was falling apart. And to make matters worse, my boyfriend of 8 months broke up with me because he "fell in love" with Alexa Blare. I never liked her. In second grade she cut off one of my braids and gave me the nickname that stuck with me until fifth grade, "leahloser." Well that's the start of everything that's been happening.

I go to school and walk in the hallways alone. My one best friend, Caitlin, meets me in front of the school everyday, that's one of the few things I look forward to. We've been friends since the first grade and she's been there by my side through thick and thin. Our lockers are right next to each others this year, thankfully.

We go to homeroom and wait for our teacher to assign us our seats. "Caitlin Camry., Simon Wilson., Leah Flored ., and Tomas Woods." And in that moment my heart stopped.