Chapter 8~ Breathe

Leah~

I woke up in a bed. All these wires connected to me. I had no idea what was going on. The last thing I could remember was walking into the hospital because I got a phone call that Joe was here. I hear knocking somewhere but I'm too tired to open my eyes. Then I hear a man speaking to someone telling them to stop banging on the door because the patient is trying to rest. I wonder if I'm that patient? I wonder who's banging?

I fall back into another deep sleep. A dream drifts into my head.

~Dream~

"Leah! Are you ok?!" Tomas asked in a concerning voice.
"What happened? My body hurts," I respond with.
"You feel off the footstool and banged your head on the ground."

"Where am I?!" I said frantically. I didn't recognize the house I was in. It looked new.

"In our house?" Tomas answered confused. "Wow! You must've hit your head hard."

"What do you mean our house? I'm a senior in high school, how could we afford a house and why is it our house?"

"Ok, where do I begin?" He stated. "You're not a senior in high school, you're 28 and graduated from college. We got married 3 months ago and moved into this house. Do you not remember any of this?" He asked.

"No, I don't. I know you and my life but finishing high school and college and getting married is a blur, I don't remember it." I replied.

"Ok well if you don't remember anything than I'll tell you this, I---"

~Dream is over, Leah is awakened by a knock on the door~

"Ms. Flores, someone is here to see you," says the doctor.

A male figure walks through the door I can't get a good look because my vision is blurry. But then I see his face.