10

So Louis went to the mailbox. He first placed his feet in one of his sister's pair of brown Uggs and wrapped himself deeper into his lilac sweater and he went to the mailbox, all while keeping a fleeting look out for any shadow that may appear in the corner of his eye, indicating someone watching; watching him. None did, though. There were no cars on the street. There were no people. Nothing abnormal, no sign of the unknown person Louis had come to tolerate.

He reached the metal box, and was surprised to see the lid was shut, holding something inside. He cautiously opened it with his sweater-paw clad hands and grasped the single envelope that sat in the interior. With one more quick glance around the area, he sprinted back into the house before slamming the door behind him. He shook off the shoes and plopped himself back onto the couch.

Louis was excited. Would there be a name? Something to finally call the mysterious Romeo who had been taking up his time? Excitedly, he ripped the paper off of what happened to be a cheap greeting card. The card's cover read,

"It would be great..."

He flipped the lid to find nice writing on the inside, as well as a small sheet of paper.

"If you would be my gorgeous date. Will you be a dear and attend the Winter Ball with me, Louis?

Love,

Your (hopefully) date and Future Husband "

Louis melted at the words. The single piece of scrap that fell out of the card turned out to be a ticket for the Winter ball that their school was hosting at the end of that week. Liam would have been the one to take him, but he apparently had an out-of-school girlfriend named Sophia. Whatever, Louis had scoffed. She can't be prettier than me. He didn't believe it, but he couldn't be anything but nasty in his head to his ex's straight match.

me: really? you mean it?

Within seconds he got a reply.

unknown number: yeah, be my date?

me: i don't know, i barely even know who you are

unknown number: i promise i won't let you down

me: okay, i guess

unknown number: see you friday night, babe xx

me: niall

me: nEIL HOREN

niall (the leprechaun): what the hell do you want, you tosser?

me: i have a date for the winter ball!!

niall (the leprechaun): really? i thought liam dumped you

me: yeah, but someone else asked me

niall (the leprechaun): who?

me:...actually, i'm not really sure

Louis didn't know who was taking him to the dance, sure. But he was asked by a super sweet guy from his school who was supposedly hot and older. What could go wrong?

His phone beeped one more time after he had been staring at the card for an uncertainly long amount of time.

unknown number: oh, by the way, that sweater is adorable on you ;)

me: you always know how to make me blush

unknown number: you know i love it when you do

check out my story, end. (Yeah, I'm writing a bunch of stories. But, I figure, when I have a good idea, I might as well publish it, right?)

Where are you guys from?

I hope you liked this chapter :)