Chapter 2

We arrived home at 8:24PM. I'm tired as heck. Doing that volcano project was hard. And being a chaperone for the two love birds the whole day, may I add.

We left the mall around 6:30 and spent our remaining time at Jed's apartment to finish our project.

I head straight to the bedroom and flopped myself in my bed.

My mind reverted to that guy at McDonalds.

Why am I even thinking about him? He was just some attractive-but-probably-a-douche guy who stole my attention the moment he walked in.

Yeah, you might say I'm overreacting.

But I know what will happen next.

Love at first sight? Of course not. When you see an attractive stranger walk past you, or sits across you (in my shoes), you'll appreciate them for their looks or for how they dress. You'll appreciate the structure of their face, the shape of their eyes and the colour of it, the jawlines (which I admit usually turns me on), or how they walk with swagger.

But mostly, you'll get curious. Curious about how that person is. I mean, how he is as a person, like, if he's kind, a jerk, respectful, rude, wholesome, promiscuous, etc..

Nah, what am I thinking?

You'll still end up hurt and broken at the end, anyway. So, why try and play the "getting to know each other" game?

I got up from the bed and changed into my pyjamas.

I was tying my long brown hair into a bun when Kyler entered the room. "Reed?"

"Is something wrong?" I asked the moment I saw her frown.

"Someone... I mean... uhm..." She glanced at her phone and looked back to me.

"What?" I sat at the edge of the bed.

"Marcus just called me. And uhm... He asked me for your number. And... Well... our address because he-"

"And you gave it to him?!" I stood up from the bed.

"No! Why would I do that? Of course I didn't. Calm down." She exclaimed.

"Thank you. What could he possibly want from me now?" I frowned and crossed my arms in my chest. What does he want? We broke up 4 months ago. I know he's not stupid enough to think that I'm stupid enough to talk to him again. Can't he just find another girl to play?

Yes, I've moved on. But I just don't want to talk to him. I don't want to see a single part of his body. I don't want his presence at all.

"He said he wanted to catch up with your life and want to start over a friendship with you since the both of you probably have moved on."

"Friendship? Really?" I snorted. He couldn't be serious. I'm okay with my life now. I'm fine with not being friends with him. I don't need him as a friend anyway. "I don't want nor need a friend like him."

She just stared at me like she was waiting for me to speak up again.

"Look, he's just feeding you bullshit like that friendship, catching up, blah blah because... he's bullshit!" I sighed. "I have moved on but I still don't want him as a friend because, like what I've said, he's bullshit. Its a no and will always be a no. End of discussion."