Chapter 3

"I'm pretty sure that was Seth." Kyler said. "Nobody else called you 'feisty' today."

We're walking inside the canteen now. I searched for Gigi and Lily but it looks like we got here first.

"If it was really Seth, where did he get my number?"

"Me." A familiar voice said behind me. When I turned, Gigi was beaming and Lily was giving me a 'Don't start a screaming match with her' look.

Gigivie Antler slash Gigi was standing in front of me, wearing a red button up shirt, denim shorts with matching pair of black slip-on (snake type), lips tinted and hair braided.

While Lindsy Gutfield slash Lily, following behind Gigi, was wearing a black shirt that has Snooze, Booze, and Boys with tattoos printed on it, light blue jeans, and a pair of cheetah printed shoes.

"Wh-" I started but was cut off by her.

"Because he asked for it."

But how? He texted me right when he turned that corner.

"Okay, so he said he saw you sitting across him near the fountain with Kyler and Jed. So, he reached out to me at Science class to ask your number because he knew we're friends. I was hesitant at first because I know you'll be mad but girl! He ASKED for it." She explained as if she could read my mind.

"You knew I'll be mad, but you still gave it just because he asked for it?"

"Bitch, you're lucky af. He never asks for a girls number. Girls ask for his."

So? That's not something I should feel lucky about.

"I hope you're not expecting for me to go ahead and jump in his game just because he asked for my number when he usually don't to other girls."

"I'm not."

"Oh really?"

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes.

My friends obviously are the alter egos of myself.

"Let's go find a place to seat and eat before I die in hunger." Lily breaks in. We followed her to a table near the window, left our bags in the seats then go to get our food.

"Honestly," Lily started when we reached the lane. "The 'Seth asking for Reed's number' sounds something."

I just raised a brow and she continued.

"I know this shouldn't be a big deal and I understand why it is for you. But let's just... see, you know? How it will go? I mean, there might be a good reason why he did." She grabbed a slice of pizza for her and me. Gigi, Kyler and Jed are in the salad section.

"Ugh. Lily, please stop. I just met him. Well, in an awkward and irritating way, okay?"

Lily's eyes widened. "Oh my gosh, what do you mean? You guys met? Like, face to face? Eye to eye?"

I forgot that she had no idea about that.

I rolled my eyes. "Yes."

"How?" She raised a brow, walking us back to the table.

"I bumped into him when I was about to text you and Gigi then he dropped his Science project. He was literally making me want to rip off his head. Like, he gave me conditions. First was to redo his project and return it to him by lunch time and I said no." I huffed. "If I'm not going to do the first one, the second condition was I'll be the one who'll do his school shits until the end of this school year. Like what the heck?"