3

The sun's coming up
Fuck being alone
Let's go back together
Turn off your phone

Chase stepped out of the go cart and confidently walked towards the building.

"I don't really go to parties" I said.

He ignored me and kept walking. When we got to the door he smiled at the guy standing there and pat him on the back. "Hey man, I haven't seen you in a while."

"Hey Chase, yeah it's been a while," the guy agreed. I watched as Chase began making his way through the crowd and everyone said hi to him. It seemed like Chase was the most popular guy in the building.

"You know what's funny?" I asked him.

"What?"

"The most social guy in the world decided to bring the girl with social anxiety to a party."

He shrugged. "Or maybe I brought you because you're hot."

I rolled my eyes. "Get some glasses."

"Hey Chase!" A boy with shaggy blonde hair walked up to us. "Who is this?" He asked, his eyes roaming my body.

"This is Taissa."

"Call me Ty," I quickly corrected.

"Hey Ty." the boy held out his hand. "I'm Zack, Zack Benson."

I shook his hand. "Hey Zack."

"Let me introduce you to the boys," Zack said, putting an arm around my shoulder and leading me down the hall. Chase followed behind.

"This is Garrett and Cameron," Zack said, pointing to two boys dressed like Chase.

"Where is Harry?" Zack asked.

"He was being a pussy and didn't want to come," Garrett said, crossing his arms.

They seemed like nice guys but the more we talked the more I began to feel uncomfortable. Chase put an arm around my shoulder.

"You ready to go?" Chase asked.

"Already? I mean, I am but we just got here."

"Yeah but this party is boring."

"But your friends are here and it looks
like the alcohol just arrived," I replied.

He rolled his eyes. "I'd have you know that I actually don't drink alcohol."

"Yeah sure you don't."

"And besides, my friends were too interested in your dress to talk to me."

I shoved him and he laughed, draping an arm over my shoulder as we walked outside. My first instinct was to push his arm away but instead I kept walking. I saw Chase smile out of the corner of my eye.

"Are you going back to the campus?" I asked.

He scoffed. "No way, we're out here and I'm going get the most out of it I can."

"Let's get pizza," I suggested. We asked for directions to the nearest pizza place. As we walked in the dark, I was thankful for Chase's arm around my shoulder.

"Are you scared?" He asked, trying to hold back a smile.

"No- fuck!" I jumped back when I heard a noise come from the alley we were passing. Chase started walking to the alley and looked to see what was there when he started laughing.

"What?! What was it?"

"It was a cat!" He held his stomach as he laughed.

"No that wasn't funny. I almost had a heart attack."