36

Chapter Thirty-Six
❅❅❅

"If you can dream it, you can do it." -Walt Disney.

❅❅❅

No...

It can't be...

Mina curled up her fists, as she stared at the ground.

Tear droplets wetted the ground, and her breathing gradually got heavier.

"Mina..." Ryu trailed off, as she stood behind Mina, unmoving.

The ground slowly blurred, and Mina's head pounded painfully.

"Ji Mina?"

Mina's head snapped up, as a man in his mid-forties came out of her father's room.

"Y-yes..." Mina whispered weakly, her eyes getting blurry.

"Oh, my dear Mina, have you heard?" The man asked, his voice laced with sympathy.

"I h-have...but please tell me what really happened, again..." Mina mumbled, staring down at her feet.

Ryu patted her back gently.

The man, whose name was Kang Young Min, sighed as he turned slightly to look into the room Mr. Ji was in.

"The boys, your father and I were at a site, investigating on something."

"What were you doing at the site?" Mina cried, ruffling her hair in exasperation.

"A murder happened there recently. Everyone had been thinking that it was some sadistic killer, but we were not fooled. It was a vampire." Young Min said, his voice dropping to a notch.

"How can you be so sure?" Ryu blurted out.

"Well, for one, there was a bite mark on the person. It was well hidden, but your father found it."

Mina sub-consciously touched her neck where the female vampire had bit her before, but stayed silent.

"Your father was investigating near an open window. The person who we suspect to have committed the crime, Darren, took the chance to push your father."

Young Min bowed, as his hand rested sympathetically on Mina's shoulder, "Your father fell down five floors, Mina-ah."

Mina froze in her standing position, as the tears that had stopped, started falling again.

Drip drip...

The soft sounds of the tear drops splattering on the hospital's white floor seemed to become louder.

"Is...he okay?" Mina's breath was ragged, and she could barely stand.

Young Min looked at Mina, but his eyes didn't meet hers. He was staring past her, at the white wall.

"He's in...a very dangerous condition. It's a miracle that he isn't..." Young Min trailed off.

"Oh, dad..." Mina choked out, as more tears welcomed themselves into Mina's eyes.