Chapter 1: The Queen

I stared at the white walls blankly. The same damn therapist, in the same damn room, every damn day at the same time. I couldn't get one day without him asking how I felt. I answered the same as I always did with "I don't know", but I could not get a break.

When I was 13, I was diagnosed as being Bipolar which didn't help my already quick temper. Luckily, unlike mommy dearest, I wasn't depressed. No, I just had a bad temper and mood swings and a demented sense of humor, but that's what made life oh so great to me. I wasn't crazy, I just had issues.

Time with the shrink passed quickly. I was glad that I could finally escape from the asshole and go back on the streets of Gotham City. Gotham was filled with all sorts of people, but criminals were most of the population - whether it was corrupt politicians and police, or gangs and mobs, or murderers and rapists - and Gotham would never change. There was just too many criminals to stop even with Batman around.

I giggled as I walked in an alleyway. I was strangely happy in eerie places. The danger in the dark, I loved it. However, I was not stupid. I always carried a pocket knife with me in case anyone tried to attack me.

I walked home with no problem. I lived in a cozy one bedroom apartment. The kitchen was average size and the apartment had a decent sized bathroom and living room. I never slept in the bedroom on the bed or in the living room on the couch. I slept on the floor. When I was little, my father would take the couch and my mom the bed so I got the floor. I couldn't complain though. Over the years I grew fond of the cold, hard-wood floor.

My family was everything, but perfect. Mommy was a slut and daddy was an alcoholic. Once, everything was okay. That was until my brother got sick and had to be hospitalized. Alex was now 14 and had some unknown illness. Being the older sibling by 9 years, he was one of the only people I cared about.

I entered the apartment, but quickly frowned at the silence. My feet led me to the bedroom and my hands held a black hoodie, leggings, and a bandana for the bottom half of my face. I quickly changed and adjusted the bandana.

Today was the day that Gotham's National Bank got robbed.

I jumped out of the window and ran down the fire escape. Blue and Green, aka Ella and Ethan, were already waiting for me. Ethan was the supplier when it came to weapons. He knew where to go and how to get the best kind. Ella, who wore a more revealing outfit than me, was the tech. She was up to date with all the new technology and was great at using it.

"Grey should be here any minute with the van. He has the weapons already loaded."

I nodded my head in understanding. Grey, or Liam, was our getaway driver and was the oldest out of all of us. He was 26 while the twins were 24 and me being 23. However, I led the team and called the shots.

"Hey Nina? I heard there's a circus in town. We should check it out after the heist."

My nose twitched slightly, a bad habit I picked up when I was little. It happened when I was annoyed, nervous, or angry. Ethan was a nice guy in all, but he wasn't my type. He was good looking with his shaggy brown hair and blue eyes, but he was 6'3 which was too tall for my taste and he was too nice. I wasn't really into the good guy in a relationship type of thing. I had always liked the problem type of men better.

"Sorry, but I'm visiting Alex after this."

To guarantee the discussion being closed, I walked forward and passed the twins with my red bandana covering the twitching. A white van pulled up at the alley with Liam in it, his bandana not on yet. I opened the side door and hopped in with the twins following. Once the door was shut the car started back up and Liam drove.

During the ride we all stocked up on weapon. I placed two knives in my belt, a pistol in my gun holder on my thigh, and a machine gun strapped to my back. The final touch was to adjust the knives in my combat boots and add a grenade or two to my belt.

Liam dropped us off at the bank and went to park the car in the back and get ready. I grinned as I walked into the bank with ease and shot my pistol.

"Now everybody, listen up! Your Queen has just arrived!"