8: Noise, Part 2.

- Quinn

After my confession, Oliver stayed quiet for the rest of the journey. He would occasionally chat with the driver and security sat in the front of the car - leaving me alone. Eventually I gave up; plugging in my headphones and staring out the window. 

We must have been driving now for at least half an hour and further out of the city as all I could see where green fields. Occasionally, I'd look around to Oliver to see that he still wouldn't look in my direction. It's as if me wishing for freedom upset him, but I wouldn't know why as we don't really know each other well enough. If I told Foster how I really felt about everything he'd probably do what Oliver is doing now and ignore me, sulking.  

I turn my attention away from the fields outside to look ahead as we begin to slow down. Chatter begins to fill the car as the security guard starts talking into the walkie talkie and then to the driver. He then turns around to Oliver and I, "Boss says to be on high alert." Oliver nods, pulling out a gun from the holder on his hip. He lays the gun in his lap and turns his attention to outside.

In front of us is a high wall surrounding whatever is hidden inside, we stop just outside the big wooden gate. After a few moments the gate opens allowing the first car inside followed by ours and my fathers behind us. As we drive inside I take a look out of Oliver's window to see a large warehouse.

It is an old building that looks out of place surrounded by several expensive vehicles and men walking around in designer suits. We pull up beside one another and I get myself ready; I turn off the music playing on my phone and put the headphones away in my bag while I put my phone away in my front pocket. The guard in the front of the car gets out and walks to the back where he meets several other guards. They talk momentarily before he comes back to open the door. Oliver checks his gun before moving out of the car.

He reaches his hand out towards me and I take it using his support to get out of the vehicle. He stands in front of me for a moment, getting a nod from the guard, before he moves in front of me and walks ahead. I follow behind him and all the others as they make their way towards the building.

Everyone we pass greets my father and then nods acknowledging me when they pass. As we get to the large doors my father stops walking, standing to the side to allow the others in. When Oliver and I get to the front my father stops us, motioning us over to one side to allow other people to walk in.

"Oliver, take her into the office. I haven't got time for babysitting so keep her there for an hour or so then come find me and I'll let you know what we're doing." My father instructs Oliver. Looks like he had a change of heart rather quickly; two days ago he wanted me to be with him at all time now he can't be bothered. I would have been better off at home.

"Yes, sir."

"Good. Keep her busy would you, please. We wouldn't want to see you back working here again." My father threatens walking inside.

"Don't take this personally but he's such an ass." Oliver groans pushing his gun back into its holster.

"None taken because I couldn't agree more. Looks like he's done playing nice guy and is going back to his normal self." I take a moment to turn around and look at the grounds around the building.

"So he was like that all the time before?" He asks walking alongside me.

"Ohh, yeah. Before my mum passed I never saw him so I wouldn't know but after, yeah, he's been like that since." I comment.

I watch as two men bicker over by the main gates and when one pushes the other, Oliver laughs. "What's so funny about that?" I ask, turning towards him.