chapter 3

kyle was assigned a cell, everyone was, but his area was highly isolated, and he doesn't know whether it was a good thing or a bad thing. his hospital clothes were replaced by a plain white shirt and a pair of grey pants. he thanked the worker before he was locked inside.

alone. that's all he felt for hours.

kyle can't wrap his mind over what happened. how did zoe appear and disappear like that? well, he knows she's a witch, but...

"please, please, i don't want to stay here all by myself." a voice echoed in the empty halls.

"you are not alone. you have him for a cell neighbor. soon this place would be filled too so you needn't worry."

directly opposite of him, a pale guy with messed up brown hair and face caked with tear stains stared at him.

the air was so thick and it was getting thicker as the clock ticks by. it was choking him.

"hey." kyle broke the silence and looked at him. the guy nodded his head.

"kyle, by the way." across him, the guy hesitated, almost scared of opening his mouth. "it's all right. nothing can hurt you here. not physically at least." his lips played a tug of war, then a smile happened.

"isaac." he replied quietly and wiped his face with his sleeves and sniffled. "my name's isaac."

"well, isaac, what brings you here?" kyle walked to his bed, grabbed a pillow and a blanket, and settled on a place close enough for isaac to hear him even when he's whispering.

"my...my family sent me here." isaac did the same thing as kyle and positioned himself in a comfortable way. "what about you? your family sent you here too?"

"well, technically she's not, in any shape or form, part of my family, but she was a mother figure to me so i guess yeah. she sent me here too." kyle closed his eyes and listened to the tapping of his shoe against the bars.

"it sucks." kyle opened his eyes and looked at isaac with questioning eyes. "it sucks that the people we've trusted would be the one's sending us away. it just...doesn't make sense to me."

"to make themselves feel better, i guess." isaac and kyle made eye contact for a few seconds then looked away again. "knowing that they don't have the answers to our questions, you know what i mean? like, this is their only solution to keep their hands clean from filth."

when the place became quiet again, kyle looked at isaac. he fell asleep, probably exhausted from all the crying.

"sleep well, isaac."

|||

kyle woke up from the same nightmare. the feeling of her panicked hands trying to shake him felt so real on his clammy skin.

"mr. spencer you have a visitor." a worker said gruffly, obviously irritated to be starting his shift too early.

on the opposite side of his cell, he noted that isaac was still sleeping, his brows furrowed so tightly on his forehead.

"c'mon i don't have the whole day for you."

kyle shuffled up and got his numb legs moving after 2 minutes of pinching them.

on a table located next to the closest window with the ugliest view, a girl with a straight blonde hair was sitting.

"hello, kyle."

no one would be able to mistaken that voice.

"what are you doing here?" the worker pulled his arms back, restraining him from attacking the blonde witch.

"nice to see you, too." madison took her sunglasses off and grinned at him. she nodded towards the worker and soon kyle felt relieved when his arms were released.

"again." he breathed. "what are you doing here?"

"cordelia's still with her dying mother so she sent me here to give you the news. although talking about the bitch who wanted me dead just a year ago dying would be better."

"just get straight to your point." she rolled her eyes and focused on fixing a tangled thread on her dress.

"about zoe - her body.." she pulled the thread out with so much force that it snapped before she added, "wasn't found."

|||

A/N: comments would be greatly appreciated :)

more characters coming up soon ;)

12/20/2015

- lani