Chapter 1

"Come on! Come to the club with us!," my friend, Trisha, says, brushing her fingers through her long black hair.

"No, T...I need to study. And plus, I'm tired," I add. T was my nickname for her. Trisha is my best friend, but we are almost complete opposites. She likes to party, and ditch school. I like to stay at home, occasionally party, and study to get good grades. College is important. Plus, my family helps pay for part of college. I want to make them proud.

Trisha gives me a sad, puppy dog look, and I roll my blue-gray eyes. "T...I will only go, under one condition...," I trail off. Trisha's face lights up, and she claps her hands, "what?"

"Please get a B, in your Literature class," I say, and cross my arms. She hesitates, and pretends to think hard. "Deal!," she screams.

~*~

"Let me do your hair!," Trisha shrieks in my ear, as I slap her forearm. "And your makeup," she says, pulling her makeup bag from underneath the bathroom sink. I groan, and nod, because I feel too lazy to do anything. I sit on a small stool in front of the bathroom mirror, observing Trisha doing my hair and makeup. "So, uhm, I am sorry about your breakup, with Robby," Trisha says, curling my dirty blond hair around the curling iron. "It's okay. I had to move anyways to go to school here," I sigh.

I moved to England to go to college. Before, I lived in the United States. Tennesse actually. See, I used to be a small town girl, now I'm a big city girl. Apprently. Since I moved here, Trisha has been my best friend.

She finishes my hair and makeup. I walk over to my closet, picking out a tight black dress that stops at the middle of my thigh. I choose sparkly silver seven-inch heels, and put them on my feet. "You look so good," Trisha scans my body, up and down, and I feel slightly uncomfortable.

I feel my cheeks flush. "Let's go," Trisha, grabs her bag off the counter, as I grab mine. We walk out to the street off campus, as Trisha flags over a small, crummy taxi. We climb inside, and say hello to the taxi driver, Dave, and tell him to go to the Mellow Buddha Nightclub.

He nods, and starts to drive. "So, are you ready...Are you gonna hook-up with anybody?," Trisha asks, and looks at me with hopeful eyes. I shake my head, "You know that's not how I do things."

She sighs. "I wish you were more like me."

"Well, I'm not. So...," my vioce trails off.

We arrive at the club at around nine o'clock, and we split pay, to pay the taxi driver, and get to the front of the club building. We get in. The loud music is playing a song I don't know. "Wanna get a drink?," Trisha wonders. "Sure," I reply, and we hook arms, and move through all the sweaty bodies on the dance floor, to finally get to the bar.

I smile as the guy bartender winks at me. "What do you ladies want to drink?," he asks, already pouring another drink for somebody else from across the bar. "I will take the cherry vodka please," Trisha orders.

I don't drink, so I decide on a Coke. "Like, Coca-Cola?," the bartender smirks. I nod, feeling suddenly embarrased. He gets our drinks, and politely hands it to us. We give him money, and move out to meet a couple of Trisha's friends by the small booths in the back.

I sat down next to Trisha's friend, Indie. She smiles at me, and asks me what I am drinking.

"Oh, a Coke," I say, and she frowns, but then flashes a small, unimpressive smile,.and goes back to talking to a guy sitting next to her.

I look around at the people passing by our booth. They are mostly people grinding on each other. I spot a guy in a varsity jacket, and jeans. He is carrying a cup in his hand. His eyes meet mine, and I look away feeling embarrased.