Chapter Seventeen...

My jaw dropped, "No...No...It can't be" I thought to myself. I couldn't stop staring at him with wide eyes. "Hey Destiny" His voice so soft it wash upon me like a tidal wave. "Y-Y-Your my secret admirer...!?!" my voiced cracked like a boy going through puberty. He just nodded, "I'm sorry I had to-I just couldn't-" he tried but the words wouldn't come out, he sat down on the cold pavement and put his head in his hands. "It's okay" I said and  sat next to him, he looked up at me and had a small smile on his face. "That's the longest I've seen you smile today" I said giggling. "That's cause I have a reason to smile." he replied. "How long...?" i asked. " Since we began growing close" he replied. "is that why you were upset at lunch, you were nervous for this moment...?" I asked and he nodded. "Oh my god did I ruin your birthday" I asked scared. "No...No no..." he said laughing. I then smiled and said something I never thought I would ever say in my life. " I love you too Jake, since the very day I met you." He looked up both in shock and confused. "And I would love to go out with you" I continued. He then smiled and looked down at our knees and held out his hand, and almost like two final puzzle pieces, I placed my hand in his, and they fit together almost naturally.