chapter 1: Suki falls in love. Literally.

"I told you," I groan, actually letting go of Karkat hand and turning over onto my back. I, believe it or not, got ripped out of my seat, and I took Karkat along with me. "I told you ALL getting on that plane was a bad idea."

"And now I believe you," Metro yells. I look around despite the pain, and I can't see him.

"Metro?" I call. "Where are you?"

"I'm in a tree." He replies.

"I'm on it~!" Suki sings. I conclude that she's a foot or so behind me. She starts running, and her feet against the ground makes it shake, and it hurts my head. Suki runs by, and from behind she looks as if she's not injured. She probably isn't, that asshole never gets cut or bruised, but she might have a concussion...

As if she were a monkey Suki climbs up the tree. Jake stands up, brushing himself off, with only minor cuts and bruises on his body. How the hell do you end up like that after a plane crash? These guys are like diamond.

"Be careful." He yells, brushing himself off as if he just fell down. Well, I got news for him...

Suki looks over her shoulder at him and grins, "I'll be fine!"

"You're not fine!" I shout. "You probably have a concussion with the dumbass way you're acting!"

"Shhh!" Ellie yells at me. "I wanna see her fall!" I roll my eyes, then wait for Alexis to add something in. Before I could find her in the field of dead bodies and my friends who are just starting to gain consciousness, I heard Metro shriek and I look just in time to see him fall to the ground. My eyes trail to the large branch and I see Suki standing there with one foot in the air, a wide grin on her face.

And I think 'holy shit, she's gonna fall', and then, oh I'll tell you what happens, she falls. I have enough time to curse, but not enough time and energy to stand. Even if I can stand, there isn't enough time to reach her.

Before the look of horror can even reach my face, Jake leaps into the air and catches Suki bridal style. If it wasn't for Karkat and all the romcoms we've watched together, I will be saying that he simply caught her, but no, he caught her for one reason.

He loves her.

The look of shock on Suki's face works hard to replace the love in her eyes as she looks up at him. It almost works, but there's still enough for me and Karkat to catch. We look at each other, the 'they're perfect' expression on our faces.

Karkat surprises me by pressing his soft lips to mine for the first time. I don't protest. This is way better than watching Suki and Jake. No offense...

Suki's P.O.V.

I look up into Jake's beautiful green eyes as he stares down into my mine. And jesus christ, they're beautiful.

I never said that.

We don't move an inch as Jake just stands there with me in his tanned arms. He's ripped, but I try not to let my eyes move away from his, just in case I never get to look at them again. I take the time to look deep into his eyes, to try to find out what he's thinking, and slash or what he's feeling. I'm unable to do so as Nepeta squeals "Just kiss already!"

"No!" Metro yells at her. "Jake belongs with Dirk!"

"What about me?" Dave hollers. Metro is silent for a moment. This moment is longer than we need, because I find Jake's lips ontop of mine. I kiss him back, a magical feeling rushing through my veins.

All I can think is that I love this british hottie.

-------------------------------------------

... um, this is... different XD