Chapter two: The stupid myth.

"That dude really steams my clams" said Tracy. "Yeah, he probably would, to make a couple bucks" said Joshua. ''It's so nice that your dad's have realized how upsetting and wrong it is, and stopped doing it" I said. "Yeah" everyone agreed. 

When we got home, grandma had dinner already made. Also, it was our family and friends reunion, so we had all our neighbors and family crowded into our house, well all except our parents. Each year I hope and hope that they would turn up, just for a little while. My sister, and friend, and I sat down and gave thanks. Then, we dug into a delicious meal of home grown mashed potato's, a choice of southern fried chicken or roasted turkey, green beans, home made mac-n-cheese, home grown corn on the cob, and a choice of pineapple juice, fruit cocktails, or water. Grandma said "so how was your day"? I was about to say good until I was reminded of Mr. Lance, and said "well, the waves were great but I just can't stand Mr. Lance right now". ''Why is that'' she said. ''Because he killed the animal that was attacking people, instead of taking it to the ocean rescue''. ''Well I thought for sure he would, why didn't he"? ''Because they offered a cash reward, and he said he''ll keep doing it''. She just sat there frowning then she finally said out loud for everyone to hear, "WHO'S READY TO PARTY"!  Everyone sprang up, and headed to the yard, where there were tiki torches, and a big fire for us to dance around. Joshua asked me to dance, and I said yes because he's a really good dancer.  Ok, so let me catch you up to speed . Joshua and I have been best friends since 2nd grade. We've also kinda had a flirty relationship between us, BUT NOTHING MORE THAN THAT!!!! The thing is that he's been hanging around me more often now that there's this new boy who just moved in next to our house. I don't exactly know why, but I kinda like the company. Any ways so were dancing around the fire when all of a sudden the slowest slow song comes on and Joshua and I move closer and closer, and before I know it he's got his hands on my waist . But the weirdest thing was that I had my arms around his neck and was actually having a good time (even though we were belly-to-belly close). By then I was so confused, but I was also happy at the moment, when I couldn't help it no more, and my feelings jolted me into the kiss. And he didn't stop me, he kissed back, and for once I felt what I've been waiting for, for a long time it seemed. As well with the kiss, it was long and slow, my heart was pounding, i wondered if he could feel it, then it was over. We smiled at each other, and then we kissed again. Later on that night Joshua and I were sitting on a ledge, watching the stars and talking. Then my grandma called us inside for story time. Story time was the best of the night because it was about mermaids this time. Grandma spoke ''Once upon a time there were two sisters, with a secret.'' They did everything together, and lived good lives until their sixteenth birthday. On their sixteenth birthday the girls set of on a vacation to the Bahamas, where they found out that they were mermaids. The sisters were bewildered, they thought they were freaks, and could never be normal again. But then they were told that they had to save the city of Atlantis. The girls were up to the job. The girls were sent on a quest to find the four lost diadems, in order to save Atlantis they had to find them, destroy them, and finally defeat the evil doers. But little did the girls know that the eldest had to die, fore the eldest went, but the other gave up because she could not bare the lose. They did not defeat their what they were supposed to, so legend says that Atlantis is still overpowered by evil because the sisters love was not strong enough to defeat, but tis' said that their great, great, great, great, grandchildren will finish what they started. The End''!! Everyone clapped, and the littlest kids cheered. It's funny how you think things are real when your younger. I just stood there laughing to myself.