Chapter 3

Update (11/2/14)

Do you want to read more? This story is great isn't it? Well, you should know that"The Diary Of Aaliyah Anderson" is now available on Amazon! One click it today or get it in paperback form! Don't forget to leave a review family! Let your friends know about this movement I'm trying to spark too. :)

#TDOAABook

Just for all the support you've shown me, check out these extras I got for you Wattpad fam! :)

-Aaliyah gets real about the occurances in her church ("Unwanted Church Behavior", Chapter 5 Tab)

-Randall Barnes Interviews Aaliyah Anderson (Last tab)

Enjoy!

Randall Barnes

#TeamTheDiaryofAaliyahAndersonBook2014

Mental Toughness

August 15, 2012, 11:45 pm

 It’s after eleven o’clock and I still can’t sleep. With all the stuff I gotta deal with at school first thing in the morning, I definitely need some rest but, since I’m already up, I might as well keep this diary thing going!

Allison and I actually got to go down to the new fitness center on the northside. It’s really nice too! They have iPads built into the walls of every room that have apps that specifically assist you in whatever exercise you’re trying to do. We used the iPads that were outside by the tennis courts to keep score as we played the game and monitor how hard we were working. There are sensors built into the courts that measure your body temperature, the amount of calories you burned, and the total amount of steps you took while you’re doing the workout.

Allison and I played two quick games and we both won one. Whenever Allison and I play, we really go at it. We’re like Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova! Since I hadn’t touched a racket in about six months and Allison had been training all summer, I thought I’d get murdered! But, I guess my tennis game comes naturally since I managed to beat her.

Other than basketball, tennis has to be the best sport ever created. Anyone can play the game, no matter how short, tall, large or small you are. Tennis is a game of speed, focus and skill. It’s a great way to get your mind off the difficulties of life. When you play tennis, you get in a zone.

When you’re in your personal zone, you focus on only two things: the ball and the person you’re facing. You can’t afford to think about other things while you’re on the court. You might get knocked out by a tennis ball going about ninety miles per hour. Trust me, getting hit with a tennis ball going at full speed isn’t fun! It looks like it won’t hurt since the outside of the ball is so soft but that lil’ thing will lay you out, especially if it hits you right!!

I think we really should learn something from tennis players. You rarely hear about them fighting people in the club, getting arrested or overreacting to any drama. They really don’t have the time for that.

Sometimes when I’m in crazy situations, like the one this morning with Mrs. Conner, I ask myself, “What would Serena do?”

Serena Williams is my favorite athlete and she’s had to overcome so much to become the best female tennis player in the world, at least in my opinion. They lied on her, said she looked like a man, halfway discriminated against her because of her skin color and gender yet she still overcame and won all those awards and championships.