Bigger on the Inside

"You..."

The man straightened and promptly turned on his heel shouting "Don't know you!" He went back into his strange box, closing the door behind him, not even acknowledging the woman's shock. This caused Emilee to snap out of her stupor. Her eyes sparked with a hope that had died out long ago. "Wait!" she yelled as she fell forward, her arms outstretched, pushing the door of the blue box. Emilee fell to the ground inside the box, groaning in pain. She looked up to see the strange man staring down at her, yelling in a British accent "What the Hell are you doing? Get out of my TARDIS!" Emilee stood up abruptly before pointing an accusing finger at him, "What is your TARDIS doing in my hotel room?!" The man shrugged, blue suit crinkling in the process.  "She's a bit fickle; sometimes I end up where I didn't intend to be.”

The man helped her up off the ground, and she got a good look at him. His eyes were a warm chocolaty brown, his hair the same color, with lighter strands strewn in. His hair was coiffed in a stylish way, his suit a deep blue and perfectly crisp. He would look sophisticated, if it had not have been for his vibrant red converse, and cheeky smile.

Emilee patted off her butt, looking around the police box refereed to as TARDIS. She stared in awe at gears and strange looking machinery, and a central control panel of what appeared to be a ship. There were strange support columns that reminded her of tree branches, and the walls were covered in small circular windows. Her eyes widened as she remembered a bit of her alien reading. "This is bigger on the inside! It's like it's own pocket dimension in a police box, right? Infinite in size, tell me I'm right!" She talked with her hands excitedly.

The man turned from her mid way through her excited rant. "Yes, yes, bigger on the inside. Like I haven't heard that before. It-" He stopped talking, his face gobsmacked, "How did you know that? Humans don't know that!"

Emilee cried out in glee, a huge smile on her face "I was right! AND, I knew you weren't human! Oh this is perfect; aliens!" She clapped her hands together and chuckled, "I thought I was losing my mind."

A look of realization hit the man's face, "The TARDIS brought me to you..." The girl turned to him with a curious look, “I’m sorry, what did you say?” He shook his head, attempting to divert her from what he had said.  Smiling nervously, he changed the subject. “My name is the Doctor. I'm sorry I was so rash, I just have a very important job to do." Emilee smiled widely at the strange "Doctor" man. She held out her hand, "Emilee Connolly, very pleased to meet you Doctor. Is that your name, or a title?"

The Doctor regarded her strangely, "It's uh... it's my name, yea." He shook her hand warily, before doing a complete one-eighty and smiling brightly. "Well Emilee, do you want to go on an adventure?"

Her face fell quickly. She had gotten so caught up in the moment, she had forgotten what was important. She had completely forgotten about Charli. "I'd love to Doctor, but..." She hesitated, "Look, the thing is, my friend disappeared a while ago. And I need to find her. She means the world to me."

The Doctor smiled sadly, opening his mouth to speak before Emilee interrupted him, "But, I'll go this one time, this one adventure. But I want you to help me find out what happened to my friend. His expression remained blank. He knew he could just tell this girl he could not help her, because he felt like this was a problem was one out of his realm of knowledge. However, something inside the Doctor was screaming at him to make sure she stayed with him. With a slight pang in his two hearts, he snapped his fingers, shutting the doors of the TARDIS.

"It's a deal then! Now we should be going." He ran to the middle of the room, throwing leavers this and that direction. "Brace yourself, the ride will feel a bit weird your first time." Emilee smiled widely, knowing that this was the beginning of something beautiful. She held to a support beam, smiling for the Doctor to go ahead.

"Allon-sy!"