Time is an Illusion

Drip

Drop

Drip..

Drop..

Auburn eyes stared at the water running from the faucet of the bathroom sink. She only felt she had been looking seconds, but her body finally screamed at the strain of standing for hours. Her eyes lifted to the mirror above and stared at themselves, empty.

How long now had it been?

A month. It had been a month.

A slow and painful month of her friend being missing. Not a trace of her at the hotel after the Supernatural convention. In fact, not even a trace of her existence. It was as if Charli and all that was ever associated with her had dropped off the face of the Earth.

All except Emilee.

Emilee would never forget. She could never forget. Some days, they told her she was crazy, that all the research she was doing was crazy and obsessive.

They were not wrong.

Emilee looked at her face closely. She had dark bags under her eyes, her short black hair was in dire need of a cut. Her lips were chapped, and her eyes looked soulless.

She pulled away from the sink and slumped over to the bed in her shabby motel room. She had been staying in this one for a week now, however, the litter on the floor from food wrappers and discarded notebook paper made it appear she has been here for months.

Time was irrational, she supposed. How else could she have spent the past month buried in books about unnatural occurrences and retained years worth of information?

She'd gone from state to state searching.

From old wives tales to modern legend, Emilee now knew it all. She knew about monsters, demons, aliens, time travel, and more importantly, inter-dimensional travel.

Emilee had theories on what had happened to Charli. At first, she considered that an angel or demon had taken her.

Ludicrous.

Then Emilee believed she had it. An extraterrestrial. One capable of traveling through the universe and its dimensions using some sort of craft.

Ridiculous.

But she was running low on ideas. Nothing ever seemed to be the right answer, and she was beginning to lose hope.

The last spark of sanity in her mind was beginning to fade, and Emilee made no plan to save it.

She sighed and rolled over on the bed. She needed sleep. She would be useless unless she got some rest.

How many hours had she slept this week? Five? Three?

Before she could think further on it, an ungodly noise came from the room. Emilee held her ears and looked to the noise. She gasped.

In the middle of the motel room sat a blue police box.

"I must be high.."

Emilee rubbed her eyes and blinked, attempting to ward the vision away. However when she opened her eyes, she was not greeted with the normal room.

Out of the door of the box was now standing a brunette man with glasses.

He looked to her in shock..

"You.."