Chapter Three

**Kelly's POV**

I wake up around nine when the sun dribbles through the cracks in my blinds, morning light shining into my eyes. Stretching my arms over my head, I let out a yawn and tediously throw my legs over the side of my king-sized mattress. Standing up slowly, I head straight for my mirror as I do every morning, descrying my flaws in preparation to correct them. I had showered after arriving home from the club last night, so it's pointless to shower again. I shove my phone into the speaker and turn on a morning mix on 8tracks. Wrapping the upper knuckles of my fingers around my hair elastic, I pull, letting my hair unravel down my back like a waterfall. Shaking my head vigorously, I unsuccessfully try to tame my bed head. After minutes of combing my fingers through it, it seems to calm down, as it cascades in natural waves around my face. Sufficing with the result, I head into my walk-in closet and delicately skim my fingers along the varying fabrics until I stumble upon something that suits my mood and the weather. I tug a black American Apparel crop top off of its hanger and yank my bleached denim high waisted shorts from the shelf below. I run my fingers over the studs on the shorts satisfied with my selection. Stripping off my American Eagle boxers, I pull the stiffer fabric over my well tanned legs. I end up throwing the cami I was previously wearing across the closest, and then bend over to pick up my crop top. Once my clothes are situated, I start looking for accessories. Grabbing my black combat boots, I tug them on and loosely tie the laces. I grab two stackable silver arrow rings and put them over my middle finger, admiring the baby blue polish that covers my nails. Placing pearl earrings on, I then clasp a silver heart necklace around my neck. Looking in the mirror I know there's only one thing to finish off this outfit- a white daisy flower crown- and loosely place it around my head.

Walking over to my phone, I pull it out of its holder and press the number one speed dial.

"Wha?" Karina answers groggily, clearly having been woken up by my call.

"Get up, get dressed, get ready. We're going for a day on the town. I'll pick you up in 30 and you better be in tip-top shape." I hear her groan and that satisfies me, so I pull the phone from my ear and push it once again into my speakers allowing the music to pick back up. I waltz into my bathroom to brush my teeth and prep my face for makeup. I put on fake eyelashes- I honestly don't need them but I've always been after that Aubrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's look- and cover the bags under my eyes. I don't wear that much, so I finish off with winged eyeliner and spritz myself with Chanel No. 19- which resides in an antique bottle as if I'm the next Miss Hepburn.

Snatching my purse and phone, I fly down the steps two at a time. Dashing to my cupboard, I almost trip over my black cat named "Cat" (spot a Breakfast at Tiffany's reference?). Grabbing a Clif bar, I run out the door, which I quickly lock, and then hop into the towncar that's routinely waiting for me. I pretend it's normal that these guys know what I'm doing before I even know. I munch down my Clif bar and tell my driver- with my mouth full like the classy lady I am- to go to the little cafe a few blocks down where the best iced coffee in the city is made. When he stops in front of the shop, I hop out and he drives off, but I know he'll just drive around the block until he sees me waiting again.

I walk in and greet the old man that runs the store, giving him a hug over the counter as I do every morning.

"Hey, Joe. How's your morning going?" I smile genuinely, which is rare unless I'm with Karina.

"It's been quite fine this morning, sweet cheeks." He refers to me by the nickname he gave me when I first started coming here and drank my coffee with at least five sugars. Since then, I've become quite the professional coffee drinker and adapted to just one packet of sugar.

"Can I get my usual and a large mocha latte for Karina? I woke her up and at least have to make it up to her with a coffee ready at hand. Oh and can I have a crum cake muffin for her?"

"You got it, little lady." He smiles and begins on my coffee. I thank him as he hands me my order and give him $20. Turning around before he can hand me the change, I walk out.

We finally arrive at Karina's place and okay, I admit to taking a bite of her crumb cake. I couldn't help it. I run past the doorman, who knows me quite well, and ring her buzzer button at least 12 times before she yells at me over the intercom. The usual stuff about how I'm early, which I'm not, and how she'll be right down, which she won't. I stand there for three minutes tapping my foot against the marble lobby floor before she comes down, giving me the finger, while I smile and wave, mocking her with the peppiness I know she doesn't possess.

"I have coffee and food for you in my car." I coax, which sends her catapulting out the apartment door into the car, the door held open by Walter, my chauffeur, who is used to our antics by now and rolls his eyes at our banter. I kiss him on the cheek to make up for our childish behavior as I pursue Karina into the backseat, finding her already digging through the bag that protects the muffin from her wrath.

"You ate some of it!" She whines and I laugh, pulling my seatbelt on as we turn into New York City's stop-and-go traffic.

"Of course I did, would you expect anything else?" I ask as she chews contentedly and shakes her head. She washes the muffin down with her latte and moans joyfully over the quality of food. I take in her outfit while she continues eating her breakfast. She has her hair in a high bun with few curls hanging loose to frame her face. Her mascara makes her deep brown eyes pop and her light pink gloss makes her lips look fuller. She's sporting a floral bandeau that exposes her flat stomach with a black high low skirt and strappy sandals. I'm convinced the outfit shouldn't work on anyone, but it does on her leaving me dumbfounded.

"I'd marry Joe if he wasn't like 80 already." She laughs as I nod while sipping my coffee through my straw. I tell Walter to take us to 5th Avenue so we can do some window shopping, and we get out, our conversation changing to the events of last night.

"How was Olly's party?" Karina asks, slipping large sunglasses over her face in a failed attempt to conceal her identity. Karina is particularly famous as well, being a model and actress and all. I fetch my Ray Bans out of my bag and slide them onto my nose to hide my most telling features, though I know we're still obvious.

"Eh. It was the usual. Drank a little, danced with some guys, then left them hanging and walked out. You know how it goes."

"Mhm. Which guys in particular?" Her perfectly plucked eyebrows flick up and I know she's having devious thoughts about getting me back into the playing field. The thoughts seem much less devious than they did six months ago though, and that's comforting.

"Ummm... some British guys, Conor Maynard, Harry something... and ummm... oh yeah, Justin Bieber." I smile proudly.

"You play that off like it's no big deal."

"It's not for me." I shrug and drink more coffee.

"Heard that Harry Styles fellow was interesting... what did you think of him?"

"Definitely a huge flirt. He was charming though. He wanted to take me home, and for once in a long time I actually thought about it for a second." I grin at Karina.

"You did not." She gasps playfully and slaps my arm.

"Oh but I did. He's tall and has nice hair and a fine ass I'll tell you that." I joke.

"Well maybe you could start something real again." Karina says, sounding more serious than a second ago.

"Whatever," I say, changing the subject, "let's go to Saks." I drag her into the store and out of the conversation, her voice still ringing through my mind.

Kelly and Karina's outfits are on my Polyvore under (kelly/karina) outfit #1