Chapter Four

**Kelly's POV**

The morning after our shop-a-thon, I have a radio interview promoting my upcoming album, and then I'm taping an episode of Late Night with David Letterman.

I wake up at eight for the interview at ten. After hitting the snooze button at least three times, I roll out of bed and into the bathroom, plugging my phone into the speakers as always and turn on some 80's rock. Joan Jett blares through the speakers with "Bad Reputation," a personal favorite. I shimmy out of my pajamas, tossing them aside and hop into the shower. I let the frigid water roll off my body, refreshing me for the hot summer day. When I finish my shower and do my hair, I apply my usual makeup and transfer my phone to the speaker in my room as I prance towards my closet. I pick out a "Vans Off The Wall" muscle tee with black high waisted shorts and black vans. After slipping a long necklace on over my head, I grab a large black statement ring and slide it over my middle finger. Flying down the steps, I enter the kitchen and eat my usual Clif bar and quickly feed Cat before hopping out the door and into my car- which is right on schedule.

I swiftly text Karina my plans in case she needs me, then melt into the black leather seat of my town car. Soon enough, we've arrived at the Z100 studio and I'm riding the elevator and checking my makeup in the mirrored walls. The lift bell sounds and the doors open steadily revealing a carpeted hallway which I am escorted down into the studio where my interview is to take place. Taking long strides in my vans, I cross the small room and stand in front of my seat to shake hands with the DJ.

"Hi, I'm Kelly." I force a smile and observe my host. She's got dyed black hair in a pixie cut and several tattoos from what I can see. She's wearing a vintage Blondie shirt and jeans, and I find myself warming up to her already.

"Jules. Huge fan, by the way." She smiles genuinely and sits, which is my cue to take a seat as well. I slide the over-sized headphones over my head, knowing it will mess up my hair. Hearing the beat coming through the headphones, I recognize the radio broadcasting my first single, "We Want." The song comes to an end and Jules takes over.

"That was 'We Want' by Kelly Miller, who happens to be in the studio with me now." Her voice is steady and welcoming. Good radio voice, I'll admit.

"Hey losers." I jump in, smiling at the thought of all the people tuned in to listen to me.

"So Kelly, you've got a new album coming out soon, correct?"

"Yeah I think it's coming out in August... right?" I laugh, giving her a shrug.

"That's what I have written." Jules confirms.

"Yeah so, it's called 'This Summer' and I worked wicked hard on it for all my fans."

"What's the meaning behind the title?"

"It's about my first summer on my own as a singer. Kind of having fun wherever I went, being in love, and partying a lot." My mouth molds into a grin, remembering last summer.

"Being in love?" Jules wags her eyebrows up at me in the way Karina would causing me to snicker.

"You look like my friend Karina when you make that face. Yeah, I was in love last summer- but not anymore." My smile evaporates almost as quickly as it emerged.

"This was your relationship with Dan Wistner, correct?"

"Yeah but he turned out to be a massive dickface. Can I say that on radio?" I chuckle.

"Well I hope so, because you just did." I roll my eyes at her playfully and she moves on from Dan, making me sigh in relief.

"So do you want to take some fan callers now?"

"Yeah let's do this poo."

I take several calls from fans- many of whom are crying and praising me, which I won't lie and say I didn't like, because I did. Suddenly, the last call comes through.

"Ok this is a 'special friend' on the line for you now."

"Oh? Let's see just how special they are." I laugh at the antics of my fans.

"Hi Kelly!" A deep, male, and of course incredibly British voice sounds through my headphones.

"Harry?" I ask dubiously.

"The one and only." I can hear the smirk in his voice.

"Well it seems that our listeners are very lucky today. It's Harry Styles from One Direction everyone!" Jules announces and my jaw continues to hang open in disbelief.

"I just have something to ask Kelly really quick." Harry speaks up.

"Go right ahead, Harry." Jules grins, obviously elated about how much popularity she'll gain the station from this interview due to Harry.

"Well since she didn't let me properly ask before... Kelly will you go on a date with me?"

"Uh. Uh. Uhhhhh." I mumble, unable to form words.

"Oh c'mon, you have to say yes!" Jules cheers and I can picture all my fans on the edge of their seats who want me to say yes so bad.

"Sure?" I manage and Jules is cackling at me.

"Well that's all the time we have with Kelly for today, thanks for coming."

"Thank you for having me." I manage.

"Harry will you stay on the line with us for a little?"

"Of course." That stupidly charming accent chimes and I can feel myself grin a wee bit. I hear the station music return and take off my headphones. Jules presses a button and I hear clicking noises.

"Harry?" She asks.

"Still here." He answers cooly.

"I'll let you two talk." Jules says and hands me the phone, hurrying out of the broadcasting room.

"Hello?" I say unsurely.

"Hi!" Harry says, in a very peppy tone.

"Where do you want to go?"

"Well how about I meet you in two minutes?"

"Um. Ok?" I laugh and hear the line click so I hang up, grab my things and exit the room. I bid farewell to Jules and go back to the lobby, stepping outside the doors. I'm greeted by a familiar mop of curls.

"Fancy meeting you here." He smirks eagerly and I feel my heart swell for the first time in ages.

**kelly's outfit is in the side link**