Chapter Five

**Kelly's POV**

The next thing I know, I'm being dragged down the street with Harrys large hand clutching mine. His fast pace has me jogging to keep up, my feet flying over the ground. Having no idea as to where we're going, I find the situation hilarious. Suddenly, I can't help but let out a genuine laugh, something that's become rare for me. I throw my head back towards the clear sky and just can't control it; I'm laughing until my sides hurt, my voice ringing through the air. We only run a couple more blocks, and when I take in our surroundings, I know we're near Madison Square Park.

After five more exhilarating minutes, a small building surrounded by tables comes into view. The words "Shake Shack" are firmly planted on the roof of the restaurant.

"Best restaurant around, I guarantee it." Harry flashes me his signature charming smirk as he holds the door open for me. Once we reach the order counter, he drops my hand as he gazes up at the menu. Immediately yearning for the warmth of his hand, I shake my head as if to dismiss any thought of that kind. Due to his Shake Shack expertise, Harry orders for me. The petite girl behind the counter recognizes him, and tucks her hair behind her ear as she gives him a small smiles, causing my stomach twists in disgust. I feel the jealousy bubble up in me like boiling water in a pot, and I try to push those thoughts away- Harry and I aren't even dating. As hard as I try to diminish these thoughts, I just can't. I hate her. I hate the way she bats her fake eyelashes at him and giggles in a pitch that doesn't even sound remotely human. As soon as he finishes ordering, I can't bare her any longer.

"C'mon Harry, let's find a table." I shoot the cashier a glare as cold as ice before turning around and searching for an open seat. Leading us to the table farthest from the building, we sit down and Harry starts laughing at me.

"You don't like her, huh?" He smirks at my apparent jealousy.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I lie through my perfectly white teeth.

"It's ok babe. She's not my type and I've got my eyes on another girl anyway." I know he's flirting with me, and it causes my heart to skip a beat like a stone skipping along the water.

"I don't care. If you want to go out with that skank, then so be it." It's only fitting that I call her some insulting name.

"Kelly, I have eyes only for you." He grabs my hand slowly, not playing games anymore. I feel the heat rise to my cheeks and I tug my hand into my lap, averting my gaze from his forest green irises. I feel like Ive slipped off a cliff, grabbing for Harry to catch me, and I know I'm falling for him too fast. But guys are all the same. They'll make you feel special even when you're insignificant to them, just like Dan did to me. I can't let myself be with Harry. It's too big a risk. Just in time, they call out our order and Harry pays for us. When the cashier asks him to sign the receipt, I quickly snag a random piece of trash off the ground and hand it to Harry.

"Will you throw this out for me? I'll sign the receipt." He looks confused, but knowing better than to question me, he leaves to throw out the wrapper. I pick up the pen, writing 'Fuck You' in my curvy script next to the X. As childish as I feel, I don't want her to have either of our autographs. I grab the bag with our food and turn away quickly, heading back towards the table.

"What'd you do?" Harry says in an amused tone.

"Just gave her a little note, is all." I smile up at him innocently.

"I'm not even going to ask."

"Good. I have a feeling you wouldn't approve." He grabs my hand and gives it a firm but still gentle squeeze. The warm sense of security washes over me with my hand in his strong and safe one. He doesn't let go until we sit down again.