Invasion

"So you're saying if we kill him then this will all be over?" Natalie asked. "Yes, but we need to come up with a plan." Jake said. "I'm guessing you are on our side?" I looked at him furrowing my eyebrows and walked closer to him. "If you're actually on our side, we all need to come up with a plan." I unwrapped the tape around his wrists and chest causing him to shout in pain. "I can't get too close to the leader, if I do, I have to obey everything he says, It wears off after a while if I am away from him. I checked the battery operated clock on the wall above my computer desk for the time, good thing it wasn't electrical or else it wouldn't work. Time had passed by fast since we had left the school, it was already 6:45. "If we plant an explosion in the center of the football field where the leader and his minions would be, we could set it off and end this for good." Jake exclaimed pacing back and forth across the room. "What would we even make it out of?!" Natalie laughed. "There is one thing we could use." Jake grinned and pulled out a grenade looking weapon out of his bag that flew across the room when I nailed him with the bat. Natalie and I jumped back. "Get that out of here!! What if it goes off!" Natalie screamed. "It's fine, calm down! It can only be triggered if you press down hard on the button at the top. It is a lot more powerful than an average grenade. Once the button is pressed, you have ten seconds until it ignites and explodes." Jake went on into detail. "Well if we're going, we need to head out now, leader Clark left me a vehicle outside." "What are we supposed to do, if everyone is dressed up in uniforms and we don't have one?" Natalie asked. "I have a couple extra sets in my bag just incase the others get ruined. Here." Jake handed us each a uniform and one of the explosives incase we get separated. "Hurry and change because we have to have time to get there in time and blow it to pieces!"

By the time we were out of our dirty clothes and into the sleek blue uniforms Jake was practically pushing us out the door to the view of a beautiful bright orange lit sky. "We'll have to make room, okay?" Jake hopped in the well armed dark black personnel carrier and buckled up. I opened the door to the cramped vehicle and lifted myself up with the handle by the roof and scooted over to the middle to give Natalie room in the passenger seat. Before Natalie could even shut the door behind her Jake pressed down on the gas pedal and sped down the street. Through the view of the tinted windshield a bright light lit up the left side illuminating Natalie's face light green. It looked like a map hologram you would see off of a futuristic movie. Little red dots filled up half of the map. Under the red dots were names, names of the biggest cities in the world. "What is that?" I looked over at Jake curious. "Those are all the cities that have been hit so far." Jake explained. "What do you mean, hit?" Natalie asked with wide eyes. "Hit. Everyone there has either been turned or killed." My heart sank to my stomach as I noticed Los Angeles had a red dot right above it. "My parents are in Los Angeles." I said looking down at my lap trying to fight tears. "Ryan, if they are as smart as you, I'm sure they made it out of there alive." Natalie held my hand in hers.

Jake slammed on his brakes out of nowhere causing Natalie to slam into the windshield and hit her head on the dash. "Jake what the h-" Natalie was cut off before she cursed. I looked up at the road. There was nothing. "Jake why did you stop?" I asked looking up at his shaking body. "Their going to kill us. What are we going to do?!" Jake looked over to the sideview mirror. Bright yellow headlights shined at the back of the vehicle. "It's Clark! Get in the floor!" Jake yelled. "Put everything you can over you. If they see that I have you guys were all toast!" I squeezed next to Natalie in the floorboard and threw bags and whatever was within hands reach on top of us. The sound of a car door behind us opened and shut. It sounded like Jake rolled down his window. "Jake, what took so long?" Clark asked. "Just checking every single spot so I can to make sure those brat kids aren't hiding." Jake lied. "Well the meetings soon, you better make your way over there. We have almost every single spot in the bleachers filled up!" the commander laughed. It was becoming hard to breathe underneath everything suffocating us. I was practically gasping for air. "Well, just checking on you, just be on the lookout for them." "Will do Commander!" Jake rolled up his window and the car felt like it was starting to move. "You guys can get up now!" Jake let out a sigh of relief.