part 9

From: Australian Shepherd

look alive sunshine!!
wanna hang out and make a blanket fort today??

To: Australian Shepherd
sure, lemme let my mom know

From: Australian Shepherd
okaaay
i can pick you up in half an hour?

To: Australian Shepherd
ok! :)

Michael might admit that he was excited to hang out with Calum. If it was only with himself. If anyone had pointed out the smile that crossed his features when he woke up on Saturday to those texts, Michael would deny it. But to himself, maybe he could admit it.

The only thing was that he had just woke up. It was half passed noon and if Calum was coming in half and hour, Michael should probably get ready. Normally he would just go back to sleep, but Calum was worth not going back to sleep.

For a second, Michael wondered how he was supposed to dress for this blanket fort. But quickly made up his mind for casual. He grabbed a Green Day muscle shirt, black skinny jeans, and a snapback for his bed hair that he couldn't find the energy to fix.

After getting dressed and lacing up his converse, Michael went to the kitchen. His mom was on her laptop. It looked like she was in the middle of doing work. So instead of talking to her right then he grabbed a can of coke cola from the refrigerator.

He hopped up onto the counter, his legs dangling above the ground as he opened the can.

"Good morning," His mother said, used to Michael late morning starts on the weekends.

"Hey," Michael took a sip of his soda. "I'm gonna hang out with Calum today. Maybe the night too, I dunno."

His mother nodded, she seemed focused on her work and that really didn't bother Michael. He was so used to both his parents working all the time that he barely phased him anyone. There were those occasional family dinners that lasted an hour and it wasn't a bad time.

Michael was only half way done with his cola when the doorbell rung. He quickly jumped off the counter and raced over to the door. His excitement to hang out with Calum showing a little.

"Hello Mickey! It's time to go on an adventure back in time and act like six year olds." Calum greeted with a bright smile. A giggle escaped Michael's pink lips from the boy's words.

"Okay, let's go."

Calum's smile brighten and held his hand out for Michael to take. Michael wasn't going to admit how right it felt when he interlocked his pale fingers with Calum's tawny ones, but it did. It really did. Michael could slowly feel himself falling more and more for the pretty boy.

"Your door, misour." Calum said, opening the door to his car.

"Merci." It was undeniable the way Calum's face lit up at Michael's response. Crinkles form at the corner's of his eyes, Michael really wanted to poke the boy's squishy cheeks.

With a feather light poke on Calum's cheek, the boy giggled and pretended to bat away Michael's hands. "Mickey, you're supposed to get in the car not poke me."

"Why can't I do both?" He asked, poking Calum's other cheek before sliding into the car. Calum closed the door behind him, a blush on his cheeks, and quickly raced to the driver's side.

"So first we need to stop at a shop and stock up on snacks. I was thinking we could also stop for some takeout because like I said, I can't cook." Calum explained as he backed out of Michael's driveway. "Or I can try to cook if you don't mind burnt cheese toasties? "