twéłvė - icthcùs däy twø

LOTS OF SONG LYRICS SKIP PAST ODE TO SLEEP IF YOU WANT BUT NOT THE PANTALOON OR CLEAR IT WILL MAKE SENSE LATER K LOVE YOU GUYS THIS IS LONG AF

tyler

that night, i heard thunder start to roll in. we were all together, listening to whoever was onstage in the comfort of our own tent.  i say comfort very lightly. i started writing more of clear. the song was obviously about talin.
i'm the son of all i've done
imposter, been fostered, then my new father drained my dirty blood.
i wanted to talk about all the families she had been with.
the next one, the next one, and when we're done, we'll all have made something new under the sun.
i wanted to go back to the first time i met her.
where's your home? why're you here? have you been asked these questions? have they been sincere? want to know what i believe?  she's right here, dig a little deeper and she's crystal clear.
i felt a buzz in my front pocket of my grey shorts. i whip out my phone to see a notification for flappy bird. i decide to tweet something out.
writing music about the people i love most. goodnight.

•|¡|• Ø ¡+! ].[

"yoyoyoyo dude get up get up its performance day yoyoyoyo!" opening my eyes i see a mass of hershey kiss hair.
"ughhh your breath smells like a dog." he grabs my limp arm, and pulls me out of the bag.
"c'mon dude! you can't play in your bed!" i hear a loud boom.
"is it raining outside?"
"yeah, it'll be so punk rock!"
"dude that was thunder." talin unzips the tent. her and jenna are carrying bags of fast food. their hair looks like a mop and they are drenched. "look at them. it's pouring buckets out there." i sighs. "shows how little control we have." a woman goes onto the stage.
"hey guys! uh, we need everyone to get out of their tents for safety reasons. we don't want anyone getting fried!" i see talin's face turn into terror.
"we could've gotten electrocuted?" she says horrified.
"no, it's fine." we hear a loud boom. i see talin and jenna both shake. "uh... let's go sit in the car." a cop car rolls by.
"stay in outta your tent... till the storm passes." he says sheepishly in a deep southern accent. josh and i burst out laughing while mark is recording us.
"man! talk about really enjoying your job!"
"uh... stay outta your tent..." josh imitates the cop, "ah... i don't care.." we crack up. "this is perfect for the web series you guys! makes you look more approachable." mark beams, turning of the bulky camera.

•|¡|• Ø ¡+! ].[

we were both waiting back stage for our cue. josh was on the other side of the wing, ready to run out on stage, gorilla suit and all. i zip up my hoodie so that my entire face is covered. jenna put her arms on my shoulders, which made me jump a little. "jenna! you know how nervous i get before we perform!" i whisper yell.
"oh, you know you're great. i know it. everybody out there knows it." she points to talin in the audience sitting with her legs crossed, playing with a dandelion and talking to dodie. "she knows it." i unzip my hood and plant a small kiss on her cheek. she smiles as the announcer speaks.
"now introducing... twenty one pilots!" i hear the sound of a ghostly choir start to play, and then the synth. josh runs out, and gets on his drums. i run out. i hate this part, it always makes me anxious. i don't have anything to play, i just have to talk. that's the part that scares me the most.

i wake up fine and dandy
but then by the time i find it handy
to rip my heart apart and start
planning my crash landing,
i go up up up up up up to the ceiling ceiling, 
then i feel my soul start leaving, leaving, like an old man's hair receding ceding,
i'm pleading please,
oh please on my knees repeatedly asking, why it's got to be like this,
is this living free?
i don't want to be the one, be the one who has the sun's blood on my hands,
i'll tell the moon, take this weapon forged in darkness,
some see a pen, i see a harpoon.

i hop onto my piano, fading into the tempo change. a peppier version of the first part starts, and josh's on and off drum beat has the crowd clapping.

i'll stay awake,
'cause the dark is not taking prisoners tonight.
i why am i not scared in the morning?
i don't hear those voices calling,
i must have kicked them out, i must have kicked them out,
i swear i heard demons yelling,
those crazy words they were spelling,
they told me i was gone,

josh stops his drumming, and the claps fade. another tempo change. i can feel my heart rate start to slow down. my favorite part of the song.

but i'll tell them,
why won't you let me go?
do i threaten all your plans? i'm insignificant,
please tell them you have no plans for me, i will set my soul on fire,
what have i become?
i'll tell them.

the song goes back to the first part, dark and twisty.

on the eve of a day that's forgotten and fake,
and the trees they await and clouds anticipate,
the start of a day when we put on our face, a mask that portrays that we don't need grace,
on the eve of a day that is bigger than us, but we open our eyes 'cause we're told that we must,
and the trees wave their arms and the clouds try to plead,
desperately yelling there's something we need,
i'm not free,
i asked forgiveness three times,
same amount that i denied,
not a three-time mvp'ed this crime,
i'm afraid to tell you who i adore,
won't tell you who i'm singing towards, metaphorically i'm a whore,
and that's denial number four.

i see jenna dancing in the left wing, beaming while the song's tempo changes once again.

but i'll tell them,
why won't you let me go?
do i threaten all your plans?
i'm insignificant,
please tell them
you have no plans for me,
i will set my soul on fire,
what have i become?
i'll tell them.

i look out into the crowd and see talin. she's tearing up a little.

•|¡|• Ø ¡+! ].[

talin

"what have i become? i'll tell them." i hear tyler sing into the microphone, swinging the cord around and bouncing while playing the piano. this man, so full of compassion, wanted me, a emo kid who's parents made some bad choices. they wanted me, imperfections and all. dodie wiped a tear from my cheek.
"aw, love! it's alright, chum." she said in her fresh british accent.
"no, i'm just so happy. everything is perfect, you know, i can't help it. there are very few who can say that they were adopted by an amazing couple, but i'm proud to say i'm one of them. it just makes me so emotional." i try to think of a way to explain it. "it's like... like moment when you wake up. for a few seconds, it's like nothing could ruin anything. but all my life is is that moment when you wake up. and that feeling is indescribable." she smiles as she rumpled my messy hair. ode to sleep ends. tyler speaks into the microphone.
"hey icthcus! how are you all doing today?" the crowd cheers. "great! this next song is called the pantaloon, but i changed the lyrics around..." he looks to josh, who knots his eyebrows together in confusion. tyler starts to play the piano.
your father died
when you were five
you said he had
lost his mind
you had learned
way too soon
to not trust the pantaloon.
"oh my god that- oh my." he looks up from his piano and winks. i feel my eyes start to prickle once again with tears.
it's not your turn
to be alone
i have a wife
lets build ourselves a home
you have learned
not too soon
that i'm not the pantaloon.
you're desired.
you were hurt.
they squashed you
into the dirt.
and all of us,
we will advise
stay alive.
i feel the salty warm tear stream down my face. josh is softly drumming, listening to the ballad tyler is singing, making lyrics on the spot. they weren't the best but they were far from the worst.
"were these lyrics planned out?" dodie turns to me with a confused face.
"no. not in the slightest." i wipe a tear from my eye. "they're perfect."

author note
yo fam
this is so much fluff lol
drama is coming up trust me you're gonna be like wtf ??????