CHAPTER TWO~The Day after

Jack awoke from his deep sleep, and felt as if he had slept for a thousand years "have people been bashing me in my thousand year slumber?" He thought to himself rubbing his head, he found a pear in his pocket and brought it out and without thinking, he ate it, in one go, "I'm bloody starving" he thought to himself, his stomach rumbling in agreement, "I wonder what father has prepared for......" He started but it all came back too fast.

For days Jack wouldn't make conversation with anyone, or speak at all really, it turns out that Bernard had gotten to him just in time before the whole building collapsed on top of him, and that he agreed to take care of Jack until he was able to look after himself, every now and then Anne would visit him and Gordon, Gordon was happy about this because Jack never really talked, and Anne was always kind to both of them, probably because they were the only males in Nassau to ever really talk nicely to her, but she still treated them like idiots, which they were and they knew it, they saw it as her way of showing friendship.

One day the three of them were walking around down the street.
"So Gordon, how does yer father earn money?" Anne asked, "our home is our shop, we sell fresh foods and we also own a courier business" he replied, Gordon was shorter than jack (it seemed that almost everyone was shorter than him) he had short blonde hair and he had really cheap glasses that he constantly had to fix because they were so bad but he couldn't get a new pair because of the price of glasses (which was a lot of money for a simple grocer)

"Do you guys want to see something cool?" Anne said to the two boys with a smirk on her face "yeah sure" they both replied, Anne snuck behind a wealthy looking man taking things out of his pockets such as a small bag of coins, a ring with some type of expensive looking crystal or gem on it (why he wasn't wearing it well never know)
Then she ran back to them and they went behind a building laying the items on the ground and opening the bag, inside were at least twenty shillings inside.

They were astonished at the amount of money, although they expected more from a wealthy looking man like himself
"Bloody hell" Jack exclaimed, "we should do this more often...." Gordon said in agreement.
Anne put the coins back into the bag and handed them to Gordon, "give em to your father" she said and got up and started walking back into the street, the two boys followed her.

"Where are we going Anne?" Said Jack, as they were walking towards the ship bay, "we're going to meet a friend of mine" she answered, "also, I might add that you should watch your tongues around him, be respectful and don't piss him off" Jack swallowed and Gordon adjusted his glasses nervously, "I hope he has a nice sense of humour" Gordon said.