I'm Simply Asstonished

Chapter Four

   My heart is beating rapidly. It's pounding in my chest. My lungs move quickly as my breathing becomes heavy. I open the door. I'm in. And I can't escape. The atmosphere is the same...nothing has changed. I scurry to my locker, making it without getting any stares.

   As I open the metal contraption, I hear her signature heels walking towards me. I know her like the back of my hand, and it's scary to think our friendship has gone down the drain. I'm scared of her now, but I cannot admit it.

   She comes towards me. I expect a giant scene, so I close my eyes and try to ignore everything. Instead of that, though, she simply whispers, "Dyke." in my ear, and walks away. My mouth drops open, but I quickly close it, as I know words are going to come out of my mouth that I'll regret saying.

   I don't know why, but I got this weird homesick feeling in my stomach all of a sudden. The room around me seemed to slow down, and it felt like I was the only one there...but yet I wasn't at the same time. My mind felt like it was turned off; like I was nothing. Like I was standing there...lifeless. I shook my head and tried to get rid of this dizzy feeling, but I couldn't. I was too consumed in my own thoughts about what would happen today, and suddenly, the world turned black, and the last thing I remember was being on the floor.

*****

I awoke on a cot in a white room. Nurses office? I looked around and I was correct. My mother was standing by me.

"Hey honey, they told me to come pick you up." She smiled slightly and stroked my hair.

She grabbed my hand and helped me up. I signed out and soon we were in our deep purple Jeep headed home.

"You're not even gonna ask what happened?" I said with a confused look on my face as I held an ice pack to my forehead.

"I just want you calm down right now, sweetie."

I nodded and closed my eyes. I thought of everything that happened in this past week, and realized I still had not come out to my own mother...my birth giver. I was so scared because she never talked about the LGBT community so I wasn't sure if she was accepting or not.

   I rolled my window down to get some fresh air. If I told mom, would she be mad at me? I mean I almost got a concussion so maybe it will distract her...

  I turned to my mother and looked into her dark green eyes.

   "Mom?"

   "Yes?"

   "Can I tell you something?"

   "Go ahead, sweetie."

   "I'm....I'm...gay."

   The car stopped. The door slammed. I was alone in the middle of our street. It's my lucky day.

Authors Note - did you expect me that? I didn't. Even though I wrote it trololol. Any who, I realized I haven't been fulfilling my schedule...I was gonna post Tuesdays and Saturdays but I've been busy with stuff and haven't had any time. Sorry bbs. Love you anyway! I'll try to post again soon.