Diners

Chapter Six

"Help Wanted!" I stared at the sign on the glass door of the diner, and smiled to myself. I think I might've found a job. If I were good enough.

The bell jingled as I pushed open the door. I was greeted with smiling senior citizens and the smell of fresh coffee. That's ten in the morning on a Sunday for you. I took a seat at the counter and waited for a waitress.

"Hey, Hun. What can I get for you?"

"Uhm, just a cup of black coffee. Can I have like ten creamer packets, though, please?"

She grinned and nodded. I admired the old 60s and 70s memorabilia that lined the walls and shelves. This place had a great vibe.

I walked up to the counter and the cashier greeted me with a friendly smile.

"What can I help you with?"

"I was hoping to get a job here, is there any interview times available?"

"Of course. We have one open tomorrow at.." She pauses and squints at her computer screen, "2:30pm."

"That's perfect. I was hoping my friend could come in, also?"

"We'll set her up for 3 o'clock."

"Thank you."

That was done, thankfully. I needed to earn some money if I ever wanted to take any girls out, especially Ren. We weren't official yet, but close. We had met up at my house a couple times after the incident in the woods. I haven't talked to Mom, I'm too scared.

I sipped the last remains of my coffee and practically skipped out of the diner. I finally felt good.

Authors Note - sorry sorry sorry for the short update and that I haven't posted in forever!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so sorry I'll update more often ily