Chapter 2

After being in school for like... ever, I slowly walked to the one place I love. After Louis left, I decide to volunteer at the children's hospital and do something with my life. Being at the hospital helped me realize all the great things that happens behind the doors of the hospital. It showed me that I'm not the only one hurting.

As I walked through the doors of the hospital, I saw a little girl running out. With a warm smile on my face, I walked up to the desk and showed Jackie my ID. "Hello Chloe. How was your day?" She asked.

"The usual." I looked at my foot and saw little dirt on my shoes. Everyday Jackie would ask me the same question, and unlike my mom, Jackie is a good person to open up to. She never told me her age, but by her looks, I can tell she's in her late 50s. When she asked me this question, I didn't have to lie. She knows I get bullied. She knows about Louis. And she knows me inside and out.

"Oh." She whispered. "They'll come around." She hand me my ID and said goodbye. I slowly walked to the doors of the hospital rooms. Peeping in my favorite room, I saw her on the bed. She was watching Elmo and slowly falling asleep. Her mom was reading a magazine.

"Hey." I said. I walked in the room and gave her mom a small hug. "How are you?"

"Oh sweetie, I'm fine. I really need a shower. How long are u staying?" Anastasia asked.

"For about 1 hour. You can go home." With one quick move, Anastasia grabbed her bag and kissed the little girl goodbye. When she was gone, I walked up to the bed and sat on the edge. "Hey Beautiful."

"CHLOE!!" She jumped from her spot and into my arms. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." I helped her lay back down and watched as she played with her fingers. "What's wrong Anna?"

Your probably wondering who Anna is. Well, she's the best thing that's ever happened to me ever since Louis left. She was my escape plan and it worked. Anna has been fighting cancer since she was 3. She was a beautiful little girl and all her childhood memories are full of darkness. She doesn't believe she's beautiful and ever since I came into her life, I did everything I could to make her see it.

She's like the little sister I never had.

"Nothing" she looked the opposite direction.

"Anna, did someone say something to you?" I lift her chin so I could she her beautiful green eyes.

"No, I just wish I could be prettier and go to school and have friends, and...." She looked at her bracelets. ".... see One Direction."

"Who?" I looked at her bracelets. "Who's One Direction?"

Looking up at me, her jaw dropped. "You don't know who 1D is??" She yelled.

"No, sorry." I looked at her and shaked my head. She took the remote and flip through a bunch of channels. When she couldn't find what she was looking for she grabbed her iPad and went on YouTube.

"LOOK!" She shoved the Apple device in front of my face. I took it from her small hands and press play.

My eyes focused on the screen. I watched as 5 different guys said their names and where their from.

Harry Styles.

Liam Payne.

Niall Horan.

Zayn Malik.

Louis Tomlinson.

"WHAT!?!" I jumped. "Louis Tomlinson!!" My eyes started to water.

"You like Louis??" Anna smiled. "I love Niall! Aren't they cute?" I looked at Anna and back at the screen. Skipping the other boys part, I saw Louis performance. I saw Louis laughed. I saw Louis talked.

"Oh my God!" I yelled. "He made It!!" I started to cry. Giving back the iPad, I started to cry. This was amazing. Louis made it! He made it to the big world. My bestfriend did it!

But.....

He's not really my bestfriend anymore. I haven't talked to him in like 3 months.... does that count?

"I'm sooooooo lost" Anna said, extending the word ' so.'

"Oh, I'm sorry." I wiped my tears and looked at the angel that's sat in front of me. "Do you remember I told you about my friend Louis.... And how....how he was my hero?" She nod her head. "Well, that's the same Louis."

I watched as her green orbs sparkle with joy. "Are you serious? How come your crying?"

"I-I haven't spoke to him in ages. Ever since he left I was lonely and I got bullied and...." I sigh. "And.... I haven't spoken to him." I tried my hardest to blink away the tears.

"Oh" was all she said.

"Well, um..."

"I'm back!" My head turned to the door.

"Um... I guess I better get going." I looked at Anna and brushed her cheeks. "Bye babe. I'll see you Saturday." I gave her a little hug and said goodbye to her mom, Anastasia.

On my way out, I said Hi to the other kids and goodbye to Jackie. When I got home, the first thing I did was look up Louis Tomlinson.