Chapter 4

“Good Morning boys!” I said to my brothers as I entered the kitchen. “Where’s mom?” I walked to the sink and saw the amount of dishes they left unwashed. ‘Really?’ I mumbled.

“She diswappered!” Leo yelled with cereal in his mouth.

“BOOM! Just like that.” Cody added.

“Oh.” I said. I knew they didn’t really know what was going on with our mother so I didn’t push it. Instead, I looked at Chris who shrugged his shoulders. “Well… um… Hurry up guys. We have to go soon!” I gave Neyo a cup of orange juice and walked to my room.

Monday Mornings… always the busiest. Ever since Mom started to drink and sleep around, Chris and I was always the ones to take care of the mails, take the boys to school, make breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and we always had to do EVERYTHING around the house. All our mom did was sleep with guys and take their money. Then she’d give it to us and make us pay the bills. If we’re lucky enough and she decides to not go drinking, we’ll get some grocery and new clothes. Besides from that, Chris and I are the only two who has a job and make the money we need.

“Hurry up Chole!” Chris yelled. When I finish take a shower, I hopped into a black skinny jeans and wore a tank top. Pulling on my toms, I ran to help the boys get dress.

“We don’t need help.” Leo and Cody said. “Let’s go!” I was a bit relief that they didn’t need help. We ran outside just as the school bus was pulling up in front of our house. “Bye!” Cody and Leo gave me a hug and ran to the bus.

I walked back into the house to find Neyo and Chris arguing. “Woahh!”

“He can’t drop us to school!” Neyo shouted.                                      

“I have somewhere to go! I’m sorry, you guys know I always drop you… but… this is kinda important. Please just take the bus or something.” Chris grabbed his phone and hurried to his car.

“Wait! Where the hell are you going?” I asked.

“It’s too much to explain. Bye!” And then he was gone. I walked back into the house and saw Neyo holding one of his varsity jackets in my face.

“Um…?” I grabbed my bag and fixed my hair in the mirror.

“Put this on. It’ll look good with those jeans.

“Uh... but it’s yours.” I took the jacket and tried it on. It didn’t look bad. “Ok… Now this looks good!”

Together we walked out of the house. We both decided not to take the bus, besides, we needed the walk.

“So… how’s them girls?” I laughed. Neyo was always that boy who could get any girl he wanted. He wasn’t the smartest kid, but he wasn’t the dumbest. He’s a great guy with a great personality.

“Haha! They’re good… but I don’t really see any that I like… you feel me?” I nod my head. “What about you?”

“Well… uh… I’m not really into girls.” I laughed.

“C’mon! You know what I mean.”

“Nope! I’m not really looking at anyone.” I took my phone out and checked the time.

“Oh really? Still holding on to Louis, huh?” He playfully pushed my shoulders.

“WHAT? No! I never liked him!” I looked at my brother in shock. “Why would you think that?”

“Well… ever since you’ve met him, you was always talking about him. And you’re always texting or calling him. You guys looked so close.” He waved at one of his friends from across the street. “I just have a feeling, but since you’re denying it like that… I know.” He whispered the last part and ran across the street with his friends. “I’ll meet you at your locker. Bye!”

“I hate you!” I yelled. I looked at myself in one of the car windows and saw that my cheeks was red like a tomato. ‘Great. Just great!’

Everything Neyo said was right! I am, and always was in love with Louis.